First interview tomorrow !Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s.mutans

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any tips on interviewing? My first interview is tomorrow at UNLV. I looked at some of the questions at Predental.com and I prepared myself to answer those questions. Also I read newsweek !I hope that helps some. I try to keep up on new technology in the dental arena and some clinical studies reagarding replacement therapy for dental caries.

any other bases i need to cover?

Members don't see this ad.

No tips, but just in case, FYI: the new dean at UNLV was the old dean at SIU-SDM. (Southern Illinois University). If you get him by chance brown nose a little bit about how well SIU does on the boards!

Thanks, i did not get him to be my interviewer, but i met him. My first interview is over and i think i really did bad. I just ramlbed incoherent words and misguided speech that was totally off the topic. Well I think I worried too much about the diffferent questions they could ask. UNLV was pretty laid back. I should have just relaxed and enjoyed. OH well, the first one's always a doooooozzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeee!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey S. mutans -- it was good to meet you down in UNLV. Who did you have for your first interviewer, and who for the second interview?

All in all I think I did fine. I hope so -- UNLV is my top choice right now! It was good to meet a fellow SDNer!

DR. ORD was the first interviewer and DR. DAvenport was my second. They were very professional and pretty cool. I on the other hand was a little anxious to get the interview over with. I hoped i would get more interviews before UNLV so i can be confortable with the whole interview process.

Interesting stats, I was really surprised with the great need for dental care in Vegas. If those stats only included the elementary to adult population, the worse the childrens' oral health status is. I gathered that UNLV is really going to be community oriented and really try to hit all the low-income populations. Dr. Ord was telling me that they have a contract already to serve the medicaid population. Very cool!

All in all it would be very exciting to take on the "hybrid" curriculum.

UNLV is the only choice for me too!