jackets5

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2005
Status
who here took their first practice test today. I took the 3R test today and it was so much more mentally demanding than i thought it would be there were times when i would read a passage in and then think 5 minutes later what was it about. I scored a verbal- 8, physical- 7 and biological-7. Im thinking that i lost anywhere from 1.5-2 points a section just based on unability to focus for the whole thing. also, i havent taken physics 2 and was shocked that almost all the physics was based on things from physics 2 really gonna have to look over that and Biology which was two and half years ago. I think its gonna help taking organic 2 this semster as one of the passages was based on things we did in class yesterday so at least it will be fresh in my mind. Ive set a high goal for myself at 35+. let me know how u guys who took practice tests today to get a baseline did.

DocKW

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 22, 2003
Visit site
Status
I just posted in the EK forum. . .but I took the AAMC 3R today, too. Scored 10 in verbal. . .10 in bio, and 7 in physical sciences. Really bumbed about the score in physical sciences but am not surprised since I am horrible at physics. But I am glad I took the test now to see what I would score if I took the test today.

The concentration factor is definitely an issue. I took the test in a conference room, and I had to make sure I closed all the blinds so I wouldn't aimlessly look out of the window. . .it was such a pretty day outside!

This evening I am going to go through the test and determine which concepts I am weak on. Therefore in the weeks to come I'll know what I really need to study.

Krazed_Medic

Registered Banned User
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 5, 2001
Oklahoma
Visit site
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I took a Princeton Review practice test today and feel the same. It was hard to focus on things...of course there were many distractions...but I was really suprised at the LOW score. I"m not gonna post the score here, but let's just say it was low!!!! I have a lot of work to do before April 16. Later.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads