First rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got the reject letter from Case Western today.

Looks like they actually put a little thought into what they said, instead of just saying 'we dont like you, go away'

Oh well, there's very little chance I could have scheduled an interview with them for this semester anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

That's too bad. :( But I'm sure you're going to get multiple aceptances, so chin up! What is your top school, BTW?

Probably my dream school at this point is the Harvard-MIT HST program.

Of the interviews I have scheduled but havent been to so far, I like Yale the best.

And of the ones I've been to, Dartmouth or Vandy would probably be my pick.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear this Baylor. I'm always rooting for you and this sucks. It's really their loss. But remember-- you have had interviews & are scheduling interviews at some very top notch schools, so keep focused on the future & knock 'em dead at your upcoming interviews. Good luck. :)

Yo yo Baylor21....

Welcome to the club :)

Sorry to hear the news though!
It sucks cuz you were just racking them up anyways! Plus, there are much much better schools out there!
Did you interview at Baylor yet? I am surprised that is not your top choice over dartmouth and vandy...

hey baylor, sorry for the news. i got rejected by stanford last thursday. Anyways, did u fill out the supplemental app Case sent u or did they just reject you outright?

Baylor- yale int. but case reject? Are they doing crack in Cleveland? Either way, you'll be fine, my man. --Trek

I find it hard to believe Case rejected a man of your calibre. I had been hearing for a while that Case stressed "the numbers". I dont like the feeling....
:(

I'm very sorry to hear that baylor. :( You're still a shining star, and I know you'll be accepted to fantastic medical schools...but I know it must be disappointing.

It's their loss, baylor. Write THEM a letter of rejection when you're accepted to Yale. :)

hahaha

Baylor :D join my club....I got my first reject from Case 3 weeks....what a bunch of losers :D

check this out...they write "we could not offer you an interview, because the class size is very small to the number of qualified applicants that we can select. Please realize that our rejection in no way, implies that you won't be a good physician!

like no **** hahah get the shredder machine baby....baylor you and me, will have a confetti parade and we will invite praying4md and scoobzie fora happy bonfire (scoobz u bring stanford over, praying4md, I am sure you have one or two hiding somewhere as well :D

anyway, that was nice venting, but to be honest, I know NOTHIN about case western...so I can't really say it affected me...HAHAHAHA, I'm such a dork! :p :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

I received my rejection from CWR about a week ago. Truthfully, I thought Case welcomed qualified non-trads with open arms and I did not get an interview. I have to say, this whole thing is not turning out they way I expected. Lots of little surprises; my guess is the wild card was delt by AMCAS this year...Anything could happen (good and bad) so get ready for a long and interesting road.

BTW Baylor, sorry bout the reject man...I'm with ya...it sucks.

Originally posted by justin_od:
•hey baylor, sorry for the news. i got rejected by stanford last thursday. Anyways, did u fill out the supplemental app Case sent u or did they just reject you outright?•

They rejected me about 3 weeks after they had my secondary and letters of rec.

I'm going to save all my rejections and when I finally determine if and where I go to school, I'll hold an official rejection letter burning party. All SDNers invited of course.

Of course I'm also tempted to frame them and hang them up on the wall as future reminders of the doubters.

how 'bout both? burn the actuals and frame the copies!

baylor21,

Dude, I'm sorry to hear about that! They have no clue just how big of a mistake they're making! I think the "burn your rejection letters" party is a superb idea! I KNOW you'll get in to a school where you'll be happy. Additionally, Case doesn't deserve YOU!

:)