FIRST REJECTION

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

simseema17

Hi,
Any advice so I don't jump in front of a car right now? I just got my first rejection letter...from Tufts. If I can't get into Tufts, I surely won't get in anywhere (not even Meharry, Howard or UOP). Maybe I should just give up with my life...ok, any advice would be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

simseema,

First of all, I love your name. And I do feel for you regarding the letter from Tufts.

However, Tufts not accepting you is no way determining your chances at other schools. Patience will only prove to be helpful in this long vast waiting game. Although I am waiting for medical school acceptance, I can tell you that Tufts acts strangely, and I can say this because I went there for undergrad. I have seen many well qualified people be taken off of waitlists while others who really didn't belong in medical school were taken early. Do not take it personally and keep pushing along. Best of luck...

DOn't worry,

Tufts is a very, very expensive school. You not getting int here is not indicative of you not getting into any of the other schools to which you applied. Tufts has a very tough first level of filtering students and if you don't have the numbers there forget about it.
You'll live.

Simseema: with your high level of anxiety now, you will probably be a nervous wreck going through the dental school curriculum, getting licensed, opening a practice,etc.

You should find out how to control that anxiety, now, when you are still young. I know what its like from personal experience and it ain't fun. I am still an anxious person and I marvel at how I have made it through life.