First year optometry kit

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ODHala

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to look into first year optometry kits and diagnostic kits as well.
Can anyone tell me what equipment is included in these kits?

Members don't see this ad.

I would just wait till you start school, your school should supply you everything you need. The school will usually have a kit assembled for your 1st year.
The kits will include trial lens kit, all entrance testing material, ophthalmoscope, retinoscope, condensing lens and gonio lens. Those are the major things but there’s a lot in them.

I would just wait till you start school, your school should supply you everything you need. The school will usually have a kit assembled for your 1st year.
The kits will include trial lens kit, all entrance testing material, ophthalmoscope, retinoscope, condensing lens and gonio lens. Those are the major things but there’s a lot in them.
Agree.
Your entire class will order at the same time.
The price will never be better and you'll get a chance to test drive all makes/models.

Do you recommend getting your equipment insured? Or is that not really necessary since it will mostly be left in a locker? My school offers this option for a one time payment, not sure if it is needed though. Opinions would be great!