1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

First year schedule

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by cpw, Jun 22, 2001.

1. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Well, I don't have my exact schedule for next year yet (i don't get that until orientation), but I do know what I have to take. My general schedule is going to be 9-12 every day, then a one hour lunch break and then a 1-4 lab. There's one day a week where I get off at noon.. and one day a week where you get stuck with a 4-7 lab (bleck!)

Here's what we have to take first semester at UHCO. I was wondering if it's about the same as very other optometry school. (feel free to fill in what's different at PCO, abs1) :D

Neuroanatomy and physiology w/ lab 4 credits
    Optics I w/ lab 4 credits
    Vision Science I w/ lab 4 credits
    Advanced Anatomy w/ lab 3 credits
    Advanced Physiology 2 credits
    Optometry I 2 credits
    Clinic I 1 credit

20 credits next semester. Whoo hoo!
    ;)

Is this similar to other schools? Let me know what you're looking at next year guys!! :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. abs1

abs1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

WOW! Im sure Ill be looking forward to at least 20 credits myself, though I havent gotten the schedule yet?? Ill certainly let you know when I do! :D

I think my schedule will be very similar with mostly 9-5 days and long labs. PCO is actually starting a new program this year, so my classmates and I are the guinea pigs you could say. ;) So, I believe that is why I havent received a schedule yet? It should be interesting. PCO has always done quarters, now they are going to 2 semesters, which I like because Ive never experienced the quarter thing?? There are alot of other changes also.

Blah, blah, blah :rolleyes:.......Anyway, Ill let you know when I get the schedule!! What do you think of that line-up you got there cpw? Does that line-up pump you up or scare the living crap out of you? ;)

4. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    It's serving both purposes.. scaring the crap out of me and exciting me. I'm sure after the first round of tests (UHCO has tests in blocks) if I make it through I"ll be ready to handle the rest of it. The goal is to just keep up and enjoy the ride.. hopefully learning as much about optometry as I can. (although, i've heard not much of the first year curriculum relates to actual practice). Although, I could see Clinic I coming in handy. ;)

5. abs1

abs1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hahahahahahaha..lol :D

Yea, my schedule will be serving both purposes for me too! :D