First year schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't have my exact schedule for next year yet (i don't get that until orientation), but I do know what I have to take. My general schedule is going to be 9-12 every day, then a one hour lunch break and then a 1-4 lab. There's one day a week where I get off at noon.. and one day a week where you get stuck with a 4-7 lab (bleck!)

Here's what we have to take first semester at UHCO. I was wondering if it's about the same as very other optometry school. (feel free to fill in what's different at PCO, abs1) :D

Neuroanatomy and physiology w/ lab 4 credits
Optics I w/ lab 4 credits
Vision Science I w/ lab 4 credits
Advanced Anatomy w/ lab 3 credits
Advanced Physiology 2 credits
Optometry I 2 credits
Clinic I 1 credit

20 credits next semester. Whoo hoo!
;)

Is this similar to other schools? Let me know what you're looking at next year guys!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

WOW! Im sure Ill be looking forward to at least 20 credits myself, though I havent gotten the schedule yet?? Ill certainly let you know when I do! :D

I think my schedule will be very similar with mostly 9-5 days and long labs. PCO is actually starting a new program this year, so my classmates and I are the guinea pigs you could say. ;) So, I believe that is why I havent received a schedule yet? It should be interesting. PCO has always done quarters, now they are going to 2 semesters, which I like because Ive never experienced the quarter thing?? There are alot of other changes also.

Blah, blah, blah :rolleyes:.......Anyway, Ill let you know when I get the schedule!! What do you think of that line-up you got there cpw? Does that line-up pump you up or scare the living crap out of you? ;)

It's serving both purposes.. scaring the crap out of me and exciting me. I'm sure after the first round of tests (UHCO has tests in blocks) if I make it through I"ll be ready to handle the rest of it. The goal is to just keep up and enjoy the ride.. hopefully learning as much about optometry as I can. (although, i've heard not much of the first year curriculum relates to actual practice). Although, I could see Clinic I coming in handy. ;)

Hahahahahahaha..lol :D

Yea, my schedule will be serving both purposes for me too! :D