mike3kgt

Hopefully scuba diving
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
To all:

I came back from a trip to Greece a few weeks ago and really thought I'd share this with you. Maybe this would interest the OMS people more, it kinda reminds me of the cases they show us in surgical case presentations... enjoy.

mandible1.jpg

mandible2.jpg

-Mike

P.S. This is some type of fish they have over there, it had incisors the size of a small child! Man, I did get excited when I saw the size of those centrals. It did go through my mind if I'd be able to use a central for the WREB endo portion ;).

scalpel2008

beep beep beep...smash
10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
this fish was in the news a few months ago because someone in texas caught one. apparently, its a pacu and found in south america.

docj1

Walleye Whacker
10+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
It looks like it was served with lemon and green pepper. Was it anygood? I'd be careful using it on a board exam. It probably has multiple canals with blunderbust apices. :laugh:

About the Ads

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Indianapolis
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
  2. Dentist
It looks like it was served with lemon and green pepper. Was it anygood? I'd be careful using it on a board exam. It probably has multiple canals with blunderbust apices. :laugh:
Plus, it looks like the owner thoughtlessly put tetracycline in the aquarium while fishmomma was pregnant.

Jaybe

Lazy Tongs
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
That has got to be the worst fish I have ever seen.

Did you eat that person??? His "grill" sure would make one hell of a characterized denture, though!!!

Jaybe

Lazy Tongs
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I eat that fish all the time. It is like between lamb and tuna. Sometimes I use the teeth in my denture set up. Excellent choppers. DP

So basically some confused or bored lamb mounted up on an unsuspecting tuna, resulting in this beast of a Man-Fish???

Good God, I'm headin' for the doors!!!

armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I've seen some of the most horrible images on the internet, people doing things many of you probably don't even know exist, I've been elbow deep in cadevers and I worked as a candystriper in a old folks home and THIS of all things is the first one to make me queasy...

Dental Dork 09

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
You killed Kenny!

You bastard!

Honestly, I eat some werid $hit...everything from beef tripe to a cow tonuge. I would not touch this for my life. As far as I am concerend, you just ate Kenny!

mike3kgt

Hopefully scuba diving
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
You killed Kenny!

You bastard!

Honestly, I eat some werid $hit...everything from beef tripe to a cow tonuge. I would not touch this for my life. As far as I am concerend, you just ate Kenny!

Haha,

It was actually quite tasty. People at the table liked the fish so much they worked their way through those choppers to eat the "cheek meat"! Now that's kinda weird.

I asked a greek in my class about it and she said it's called a "sargos" or a white seabream. It's similar to a porgy fish that's caught throughout the caribbean. Showed it to some OS guys here at school, fooled them pretty good... until they noticed the "tumor-resection" specimen was placed on a paper towel for the picture... then again, maybe the lemon gave it away. :)

-Mike

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.