Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Fishy OMFS Case?

Discussion in 'Dental' started by mike3kgt, Mar 5, 2007.

1. mike3kgt

mike3kgt Hopefully scuba diving

Dentist
    To all:

I came back from a trip to Greece a few weeks ago and really thought I'd share this with you. Maybe this would interest the OMS people more, it kinda reminds me of the cases they show us in surgical case presentations... enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

P.S. This is some type of fish they have over there, it had incisors the size of a small child! Man, I did get excited when I saw the size of those centrals. It did go through my mind if I'd be able to use a central for the WREB endo portion ;).

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. scalpel2008

scalpel2008 beep beep beep...smash

Resident [Any Field]
    this fish was in the news a few months ago because someone in texas caught one. apparently, its a pacu and found in south america.

4. docj1

docj1 Walleye Whacker

Dentist
    It looks like it was served with lemon and green pepper. Was it anygood? I'd be careful using it on a board exam. It probably has multiple canals with blunderbust apices. :laugh:

5. aphistis

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician, Dentist
    Plus, it looks like the owner thoughtlessly put tetracycline in the aquarium while fishmomma was pregnant.

6. Jaybe

Jaybe Lazy Tongs

Resident [Any Field]
    That has got to be the worst fish I have ever seen.

Did you eat that person??? His "grill" sure would make one hell of a characterized denture, though!!!

7. Dr. Dai Phan

Dr. Dai Phan Senior Member
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved

Dentist
    I eat that fish all the time. It is like between lamb and tuna. Sometimes I use the teeth in my denture set up. Excellent choppers. DP

8. Jaybe

Jaybe Lazy Tongs

Resident [Any Field]
    So basically some confused or bored lamb mounted up on an unsuspecting tuna, resulting in this beast of a Man-Fish???

Good God, I'm headin' for the doors!!!

9. drhobie7

Resident [Any Field]
  10. armorshell

armorshell One Man Freak Show
    Physician Dentist Moderator Emeritus

Non-Student
    I've seen some of the most horrible images on the internet, people doing things many of you probably don't even know exist, I've been elbow deep in cadevers and I worked as a candystriper in a old folks home and THIS of all things is the first one to make me queasy...

11. Dental Dork 09

You killed Kenny!

You bastard!

Honestly, I eat some werid $hit...everything from beef tripe to a cow tonuge. I would not touch this for my life. As far as I am concerend, you just ate Kenny!

12. mike3kgt

mike3kgt Hopefully scuba diving

Dentist
    Haha,

It was actually quite tasty. People at the table liked the fish so much they worked their way through those choppers to eat the "cheek meat"! Now that's kinda weird.

I asked a greek in my class about it and she said it's called a "sargos" or a white seabream. It's similar to a porgy fish that's caught throughout the caribbean. Showed it to some OS guys here at school, fooled them pretty good... until they noticed the "tumor-resection" specimen was placed on a paper towel for the picture... then again, maybe the lemon gave it away. :)

-Mike