Program-Specific Info / Q's FIU Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flexfit

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just wanted to create a page for FIU's occupational therapy program since I didn't see one here yet (sorry if there is already one!). Who all is going to next week's interview?

Members don't see this ad.

hey! if you don't mind me asking, how was the interview? I went to one of FIUs OT advising sessions and they said they don't always interview but its a possibility. do you know why?

Hi! Sorry for the late response, but did you end up interviewing at FIU? They just contacted me today for an interview at the end of the month, and as of now (considering I only have one acceptance at an unaccredited school) I will be attending the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey! if you don't mind me asking, how was the interview? I went to one of FIUs OT advising sessions and they said they don't always interview but its a possibility. do you know why?

I think this is the first year that they will be interviewing their students this year. When I went, it seemed like it's a new thing they're starting to do! Like, I think that they might be interviewing all applicants that they're considering accepting this year, but I may be wrong.

Hi! Sorry for the late response, but did you end up interviewing at FIU? They just contacted me today for an interview at the end of the month, and as of now (considering I only have one acceptance at an unaccredited school) I will be attending the interview.

Yep! I think in the email they send you about the interview details they lay out everything that they're going to do, so there weren't any surprises, really. The professors who interviewed me were really nice!

Yep! I think in the email they send you about the interview details they lay out everything that they're going to do, so there weren't any surprises, really. The professors who interviewed me were really nice!

Do you remember any general questions that they asked??

Do you remember any general questions that they asked??

Ahh my interview was so long ago that I don't quite remember exactly what they asked! From what I remember, they were all pretty standard interview questions, like why OT, strengths, etc. I just remember them asking a lot of different questions, so you don't really need to worry about having to talk a lot with each question. What's helped me in the past with my other interviews and this one was to browse the forum and see what questions people have been asked in the past in general from different schools!