Five More Days!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
JaneDough said:
Six weekdays, 2 weekend rounds, one call to go.

I think I can I think I can I think I can

Internal Medicine Sub-I to finish up medical school. :( I started with it, I guess I may as well end with it.

...20 days and counting....

Members don't see this ad.

5 days, 1 weekend day of rounding. No more call for Clinical Medicine EVER! :hardy:

JaneDough said:
5 days, 1 weekend day of rounding. No more call for Clinical Medicine EVER! :hardy:
Walking out of the hospital and going home on your last day will be memorable. It was for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to go. I have a feeling Sat will be light and I will most likely be sent home early (fingers crossed). That's right, people, I have a mere 26 total hours yet to be served. (yes I am literally counting the hours :p )

JaneDough said:
Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to go. I have a feeling Sat will be light and I will most likely be sent home early (fingers crossed). That's right, people, I have a mere 26 total hours yet to be served. (yes I am literally counting the hours :p )

I envy you!!! Enjoy your last 26 hours!

By the way, your avatar rocks! ;)

Brian Pavlovitz said:
I envy you!!! Enjoy your last 26 hours!

By the way, your avatar rocks! ;)

I have been listening to Morrisey and the Smith's the last few days. I heard a Morrisey song on the radio last weekend and it reminded me that I liked him.

ANYWAY- I have 8 hours remaining on my sentence, to be served consecutively on Saturday. Praise the lord! Can I get a A-men-ah?

JaneDough said:
I have been listening to Morrisey and the Smith's the last few days. I heard a Morrisey song on the radio last weekend and it reminded me that I liked him.

ANYWAY- I have 8 hours remaining on my sentence, to be served consecutively on Saturday. Praise the lord! Can I get a A-men-ah?

There's a god-ah, somewhere-ah!

One week left to go for me!! I am just starting another long night on labor and delivery. And I'm already exhausted.

I thought I had to join this thread, as I literally have five (working) days of medical school left. I'm on a VERY mellow neuropathology rotation with no test/paper/presentation at the end, but still, there will be champagne next Friday night! This whole thing (combined degree) has taken me nine years. Congrats to all.

Tappat said:
I thought I had to join this thread, as I literally have five (working) days of medical school left. I'm on a VERY mellow neuropathology rotation with no test/paper/presentation at the end, but still, there will be champagne next Friday night! This whole thing (combined degree) has taken me nine years. Congrats to all.

Nine years? :eek: Let the champagne flow next Friday! Congrats! :thumbup:

1 hour, 50 minutes. Rounds are done, transfer orders are written. Nothing to do but wait it out. Sooooo clooooooooose....

1 hour and 38 minutes.....

I'VE BEEN RELEASED!! I would like to thank Caribou Coffee- I never would have made it without your drive-through window. I want to thank the internet, for helping me waste time. I also want to thank ER for all those really fun patients they sent us. Finally, I would like to give ICU a very special sign-off

flipa.gif

flipa.gif

flipa.gif

flipa.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
JaneDough said:
I'VE BEEN RELEASED!! I would like to thank Caribou Coffee- I never would have made it without your drive-through window. I want to thank the internet, for helping me waste time. I also want to thank ER for all those really fun patients they sent us. Finally, I would like to give ICU a very special sign-off

flipa.gif

flipa.gif

flipa.gif

flipa.gif
Congratulations!

I had the exact same sentiments and walked out of the hospital with the same gesture :)

I still remember the ridiculous admits we got from the ER.

JaneDough said:

flipa.gif

flipa.gif

flipa.gif

flipa.gif

Well done!!!!!

Now I am truly down to five more days!!

1,2,3) Three days of L+D
4) Stupid "performance based assessment"
5) Shelf
DONE!!

beary said:
Now I am truly down to five more days!!

1,2,3) Three days of L+D
4) Stupid "performance based assessment"
5) Shelf
DONE!!

So Close!! You can do it! You will be so happy when you are done. I will be happy for you!

I wouldn't even count the shelf day - no clinical time at all. The performance based assessment is objectionable enough to count though. I think on my last performance based eval I had to talk to a 15 year old girl who was unexpectedly pregnant.

beary said:
Tomorrow is my last day of clinical medicine EVER!!!!! :D

Time to start studying for Step 3! Woohoo! :laugh:

beary said:
Tomorrow is my last day of clinical medicine EVER!!!!! :D

I am doing the dance of joy on your behalf :love:

Congrats on your LAST DAY! :love: :thumbup:

[x] Clinical medicine :)
[ ] Performance based assessment tomorrow
[ ] shelf
[ ] Graduation

I got two evaluations today. One made me sound like I walk on water and one made me out to be the worst med student ever. Haha, the joys of med school. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on being done. Has the enormous weight lifted yet from your shoulders? I found that it did quite promptly!

yaah said:
Congratulations on being done. Has the enormous weight lifted yet from your shoulders? I found that it did quite promptly!

It has! I really feel great right now. I am still paranoid that something will happen and I won't graduate (I really feel that the clerkship director has had it out for me since I am the only M4 on an M3 core rotation - right from day one he has been watching me all the time because he expected me to slack). So I need to study for the darn shelf. But it feels fabulous to be done. Friday is really going to be my big celebration.

beary said:
It has! I really feel great right now. I am still paranoid that something will happen and I won't graduate (I really feel that the clerkship director has had it out for me since I am the only M4 on an M3 core rotation - right from day one he has been watching me all the time because he expected me to slack). So I need to study for the darn shelf. But it feels fabulous to be done. Friday is really going to be my big celebration.

I think my celebration consisted of laughing hysterically while tearing out pages of Harrison's, throwing them up in the air, and dancing around the yard like the Swedish Chef with his little towels.

beary said:
I'M DONE WITH MED SCHOOL!!! :D :clap: :hardy: :thumbup:

Congratulations, Beary! Congratulations, me! My supervisor let me go especially early today in celebration of it being my last day of medical school -- extra yippee! Now for several weeks of having visitors or traveling ... not as relaxing as it sounds, with two little kids in tow, but should be fun!

Tappat said:
Congratulations, Beary! Congratulations, me! My supervisor let me go especially early today in celebration of it being my last day of medical school -- extra yippee! Now for several weeks of having visitors or traveling ... not as relaxing as it sounds, with two little kids in tow, but should be fun!

Welcome to the other side, Beary and Tappat! Congrats on being done :)