Fixing error made in previous amcas application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

reckoner_01

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. As a re-applicant I recognized a careless mistake I made in the activities section in my previous application. I recorded the hours as a lot fewer than they should have been. I corrected this mistake in my second application as a re-applicant and submitted my application. Does anyone think that this previous mistake could warrant an investigation from AMCAS? It was a structured enrichment program so a reputable source can verify that the number I used the second time is correct.
 
I think the worst thing that'll happen is an adcom will ask you "You had quite an increase in hours, can you explain that?" Don't let it stress you out. I think committees understand that not all activities have a perfectly accurate number of hours anyways.