FL MPJE Experience in full!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dip270

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just wanted to share what I used to study for the florida MPJE and the actual exam experience. So i spent about 3 weeks studying. I used the following resources:
1) Reiss and Hall Federal Review Guide: excellent book for federal laws and a good base to understand your individual state laws, great 311 practice questions at the end, easy to read!
2) Rxlaw.org Florida specific notes: great compilation of the most important Florida laws. It did have federal chapters as well but i didn't look at those since i strictly used Reiss and Hall for that. Good 90 practice questions at the end. The laws are strictly stated as they are on the Florida website, so it might seem tedious to read but after reading so much you get used to it haha. And besides its important to read them as they are because paraphrasing can include personal interpretations of the laws which is not good!
3) Dr. Cutie's Notes: He is a professor at Long Island University in NY and offers NAPLEX and MPJE courses and notes for couple of states (FL, NY, conneticut to name a few). I didnt attend his courses but ordered his notes specially since they were Florida specific and I had heard from a friend that they were helpful on their MPJE. I stopped using them through halfway of my studying because 1) they were soo outdated, like from 2003/2004 2) they only included summarized federal laws, chapter 456 and 893, and lots of practice questions. I was very excited about the numerous practice questions that came with the notes (like 300 something). But as I started doing them i kept getting so many wrong when i knew many of them were right. Later i kinda figured that they might be NY specific since many of the notes that were sent to me included NY everywhere. So that really confused me and makes it not a reliable source. Plus...there were no FAC's!!!! which is soo important to look at for Florida. I honestly wouldn't recommend anyone buying his notes, unless of course you are giving the MPJE for NY!
4) Prempje.com
- I heard about this site and their practice questions for florida so i bought all 8 exams to practice and practice! Just like i mentioned in the NAPLEX thread, studying only goes so far but you have to practice what you study. And MPJE in general doesnt have very many resources where one can find practice questions, unlike NAPLEX. The exams on there were excellent!!! As someone mentioned, the areas they target on those exams no other resource targets. Also they have explanations at the bottom and common questions other users might have asked.

So using all these resources except #3, i gave the exam after 3 weeks and passed :) So the exam itself was interesting. I had heard from MOST students that MPJEs are harder than the NAPLEX...the questions are worded really ambigiously....very confusing...questions out of nowhere.... But honestly, when i was taking the exam most of the questions i got were very straight forward and so were the answer choices. I could actually think through the law and answer them. I'm sure the students who said they got weird/ambigious questions must have gotten weird/ambigious questions since these exams are so random and everyone gets different questions, but i guess i lucked out and got straightforward ones. The questions weren't difficult but yes TRICKY! You do want to read them twice!!! Usually 2-3 answer choices are so dumb that you can eliminate them right away. 2 answer choices are usually correct but one is MORE correct and if you know the law than one makes more sense! Sometimes all of the them were correct but there was one that stood out the most. Honestly, i think prempje really helped me with the trickiness! So i highly recommend spending time doing those exams and reviewing them as well! Other than that, read through the law at least twice (both federal and state) and practice! I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Passing the FL MPJE is a really good feeling. Coming out of the test, I honestly couldn't say how well I did. I used prontopass (which I don't recommend) and Prempje.com (which I highly recommend).

Now where do you plan to practice???