Flashcards for Physics/Chemistry Formulas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

secants

about:blank
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Taking the August MCAT and was wondering if making flashcards to memorize the formulas would be worthwhile granted I also understand the concepts behind them? I have a sheet with the formulas but I'm thinking flashcards are more productive in learning them.

Also any other things worth putting on flashcard, like hormones from Bio, etc.

Thanks and good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

If flashcards are your thing and they work for you, then go for it. I took the Kaplan course and they gave me a bunch of flashcards covering just about everything. I never used them though since I never really used flashcards in college. They're just low yield for me.

But again, if they work for you, do it.

if that helps at first, go for it. but by the time you are approaching the test you shouldnt be regurgitating memorized formulas that have no meaning...you should understand the relationships certain variables are conveying and be able to manipulate them...this helps to avoid the so called lengthy calculations that every1 keeps whining about...if you can understand the relationship between the variables...then you can usually quickly elimnate 2 or even 3 wrong answers!

if that helps at first, go for it. but by the time you are approaching the test you shouldnt be regurgitating memorized formulas that have no meaning...you should understand the relationships certain variables are conveying and be able to manipulate them...this helps to avoid the so called lengthy calculations that every1 keeps whining about...if you can understand the relationship between the variables...then you can usually quickly elimnate 2 or even 3 wrong answers!

Hey what up doc can you change you avatar picture please? I think it's disgusting. No I am not joking, it really is. I am trying to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and your avatar is not helping. If I wanted to go on a playgirl website I would, but obviously I don't so please change that disgusting picture.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey what up doc can you change you avatar picture please? I think it's disgusting. No I am not joking, it really is. I am trying to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and your avatar is not helping. If I wanted to go on a playgirl website I would, but obviously I don't so please change that disgusting picture.

Wow, what is your problem? Just because you ask him/her on two different threads doesn't mean its going to happen.

If it bothers you that much, just block him. :rolleyes:

Troll! You eat very slow. Finish your sammich and get on with it! If you are uncomfortable with the human form then perhaps medicine is the wrong profession for you.

OP, I don't recommend flash cards for physics. If you're still at the point where you need to memorize physics formulas you have not yet scratched the surface of what you need to know.