Flinders Interview/Conflicted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rchar13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was just curious to know who applied to Flinders university for 2013 entry? I applied and was offered an interview, which I completely expected to attend in Los Angeles. However, a day or so later, I received an acceptance from another medical school that honestly, I prefer over Flinders University. I don't live near LA, so in order to attend the interview for Flinders, I would need to book a flight and hotel. These seem like meaningless expenses though since I've been accepted to this other school. I e-mailed Flinders asking them if I could interview over Skype or the phone but was denied that request because it is reserved only for those who live in countries that Flinders doesn't visit for interviews.

So basically, should I still go to the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you get accepted in the other school?

Only you can answer this question. If you are certain that you prefer the other school over Flinders there is no reason to go to the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you get accepted in the other school?

UQueensland so far. I'm also still awaiting a response from USydney, which I also would prefer over Flinders I think.

UQueensland so far. I'm also still awaiting a response from USydney, which I also would prefer over Flinders I think.

Keep in mind that internships at UQ and Sydney will be much harder to get than those at Flinders (although that still won't be easy)

So basically, should I still go to the interview?

Of course not. You're not going to attend even if you were accepted, so why go? Cancel your interview and give somebody else a chance.

Also, the internship situation is much better in SA than QLD or NSW. Much, much better. That's definitely something to consider. It gives you a safety net in case you don't get a residency in the States or Canada (which is the case for ~40% of Aussie applicants).

Last edited:
Keep in mind that internships at UQ and Sydney will be much harder to get than those at Flinders (although that still won't be easy)

+1.

It would be far more prudent to go to Flinders for this reason.