UQ Medicine/Flinders (not the Ochsner program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J_N2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear forum members,

I'm Dutch/American and thinking of applying to UQ (not the Ochsner program). Is it true that admissions for internationals is relatively simple with a very good MCAT score and a decent interview? Also, I completed a master's degree with a decent Dutch GPA, I'm just not sure how that translates into the Australian system. Did anyone else apply here with an MCAT and from a different country and not to the Ochsner program?

Is there also anyone who got into Flinders with a not so great GPA but a very good MCAT?

Best,

J_N

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, if you meet the minimum requirements. Most schools require a credit average, which is a 5 out of 7 (or a 6.5 on a conversion scale for the Netherlands I found on the internet).

I got into Flinders with a 2.8/4 GPA and a 521 MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow! Congrats! That’s a very impressive score. Do you think you needed that high a score to offset the GPA for Flinders or would you have been okay with a lower MCAT? Did you also apply to UQ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wolvvs's MCAT definitely offset his GPA and got him into UQ. He probably didn't need such a high score for flinders - a ~510 or so may have done the job.

I thought Flinders would be more competitive.
So if one just meets the requirements, MCAT wise and GPA wise (for UQ), one gets an interview?

I thought Flinders would be more competitive.
So if one just meets the requirements, MCAT wise and GPA wise (for UQ), one gets an interview?
You will be ranked vs. other applicants based on either GPA or MCAT or both. If you are high enough on the list you'll get the interview

Yes, if you meet the minimum requirements. Most schools require a credit average, which is a 5 out of 7 (or a 6.5 on a conversion scale for the Netherlands I found on the internet).

I got into Flinders with a 2.8/4 GPA and a 521 MCAT.
Hi! Can you tell us more about Flinders medical school ? I heard Flinders was located in a remote area.