Florida Air National Guard incentives?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

n618ft

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aside from drill pay, GI Bill, and loan repayments, are there any other benefits offered specifically in Florida?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Aside from drill pay, GI Bill, and loan repayments, are there any other benefits offered specifically in Florida?

I just left the FL ANG in June to return to the Reg AF. They also offer a GI Bill kicker for certain AFSC's. The state National Guard (Army & Air) offers state tuition assistance of 100% for Undergrad up through Masters completion for in state schools. I believe they also added TA at private schools but only equal to the Avg in state tuition. The Masters degree and payment to Private school is fairly new. I believe I read something about it on Air Force Portal which is why I can't find it at home right now. Call a recruiter to get specifics. I do not know how much if any of this is being offered to officers. I know enlisted bonuses in FL are up to $20k. When I was in you had a choice of 2 from the Kicker, Student loan repayment, and bonus. The TA program which is called EDD (Education dollars for Duty) should be available to everyone. Also, at least for enlisted folks, there is no longer a 3 yr commitment to use EDD. Again, check with a FL ANG recruiter for specific and up to date info.

I just left the FL ANG in June to return to the Reg AF. They also offer a GI Bill kicker for certain AFSC's. The state National Guard (Army & Air) offers state tuition assistance of 100% for Undergrad up through Masters completion for in state schools. I believe they also added TA at private schools but only equal to the Avg in state tuition. The Masters degree and payment to Private school is fairly new. I believe I read something about it on Air Force Portal which is why I can't find it at home right now. Call a recruiter to get specifics. I do not know how much if any of this is being offered to officers. I know enlisted bonuses in FL are up to $20k. When I was in you had a choice of 2 from the Kicker, Student loan repayment, and bonus. The TA program which is called EDD (Education dollars for Duty) should be available to everyone. Also, at least for enlisted folks, there is no longer a 3 yr commitment to use EDD. Again, check with a FL ANG recruiter for specific and up to date info.

EDD seems like it's for undergrad only.

Do they have any program similar to med strap for the army? And any tuition assistance for medical students?
Also can you get training in some enlisted job if you have time before starting med school just for fun or something and then drill as a regular med school student? thanks.