Florida Medicaid Enhanced Benefits

Started by Colochine
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Colochine

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I work in Walmart pharmacy as a tech and we have people who come in with enhanced benefits forms from medicaid saying they can get all of this OTC stuff for free with thier gold cards. I know this is a fairly new program but we have the worst time actually finding products that are covered. Medicaid is constantly updating the lists and it is abotu 1500 pages. I am owndering how all you other florida people figure work out the enhanced benefits?? We dont actually find out if the products is covered until about 30 minutes after we start to prosses the OTC products as a presciption. I am looking for a more efficient way in doing this. We are a somewhat busy store we fill about 280-300 scripts a day so it takes a while for us to do otc products as our needed scipts have priority.

thanks, Aaron