Florida Mpje

Started by Jaycorro24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jaycorro24

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just found out that I failed the FL Mpje by 2 points, does anyone have any sources besides the uf slides and seaman notes that are SPECIFIC, the questions on the Mpje are extremely specific while being ambiguous, for example I got a question about what the board can do to you if you decide to not pay your student loans. Any help would be greatly appreciated
 
Hi! I just found out I failed MPJE! 🙁 I only read Seamons and I found the test extremely hard. They are very detailed its true.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone,

I read this entire feed about a month before I took the Florida MPJE and it sent me into a panic! I went to a pharmacy school in South Carolina and had most of my intern experience from the state of Maine, so I had no experience or information about Florida pharmacy laws outside of what information and resources are posted on the Florida board of pharmacy website.

I'm here to say that I took the Florida MPJE 12 days ago and I passed. So it IS possible.

I studied for about 3 weeks, the last 2 weeks around 5 hours a day. I read ALL of the statutes and administrative codes on the Florida BOP website and also found a quizlet series that seemed to be made from Dr. Seamons notes from 2015 because I didn't have access to the original notes or the UF slides that everyone keeps referencing. If you go to the quizlet website and search "florida MPJE seamon" a study set will pop up with 485 notecards that I studied pretty intensely and found helpful. The ONLY material I studied for federal law was the "Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law 9th Edition" by Reiss, which you can purchase used on Amazon for around $30 (worth it).

Study hard, don't freak out it is possible to pass. But read ALL of the STATUTES and CODES - seriously.. every. single. page.
thanks for guidance..have failed thrice..hope I can make it this time
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve been a pharmacist in CT for three years all the material I’ve seen for Florida pharmacy law is so overwhelming, I need to become licensed for family reasons, is there anyone that has passed and found luck with specific material?
 
For those of you taking the Florida MPJE -

I am a NJ pharmacist (practicing for 4 years) and took the FL MPJE last week. I would have to say this exam was by far harder than NJ NAPLEX and MPJE combined.

With that being said, this is what I used to study:
- Seamon's MPJE 2017 Review
- Steinhardt MPJE Slides

My honest suggestion - use Seamon's as a base review, and study word for word everything in Steinhardt's Florida Law slides.

This exam is extremely difficult and extremely detailed compared to other states.
Good luck!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! I am a Georgia pharmacist moving to FL and I have to take the MPJE in one month. I need all the help I can get! Would anyone be willing to send me the notes from Dr Seamons or any other info you have? I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much
PS any tips/advice??
 
Hello all,

I just passed the FL MPJE this past week and I will say, it was a pain in the butt. I would like to make a comprehensive YT video on my experiences and advice but I'll dole some out now.

1. If you work in retail you have a better shot at passing it as a lot of the questions generated were of a community setting. Don't get me wrong there was some institutional thrown in the mix to but the bulk is community based.
2. Seamon's notes are okay but the one I had access to were outdated (2018 grad only had access to 2017 notes). I would heavily recommend the FL Strauss manual instead. Very comprehensive and laid out the terms without the legal jargon. Also had a very good question bank in which I took the time and did EVERY.SINGLE.QUESTION. Comprehensive all in one textbook basically.
3. Some folks will say that they've only read the FL statutes/didn't study all that much but made no mention of the Florida Administrative Code/FL Rules. Whoever says this: 1. Either got very lucky with the question bank or 2. They lied on study habits.
4. I've struggled with this exam as I've had to repeat taking it 3 times before finally getting it right the 4th time. (1st time was my biggest mistake as I took the test too lightly and the 2nd/3rd time, life took a turn for the worse and in hindsight I should have held off on taking the exam) I spent around a month off and on studying through the Strauss book. (5 days a week/4-5 hours a day) but I think you can get the gist if you do a two-week study and put in 4-5 hours a day. YMMV, but I think 2-weeks is sufficient enough.
5. Ask your pharmacist friends questions. If there is something you are not sure about ask them to clarify a question or a part of the law.
 
Last edited by a moderator: