Florida Mpje

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaycorro24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just found out that I failed the FL Mpje by 2 points, does anyone have any sources besides the uf slides and seaman notes that are SPECIFIC, the questions on the Mpje are extremely specific while being ambiguous, for example I got a question about what the board can do to you if you decide to not pay your student loans. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I just found out I failed MPJE! :( I only read Seamons and I found the test extremely hard. They are very detailed its true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I also found out that I missed the MPJE by 3 points. I used the Reiss and Hall and Seamons.

Hey everyone,

I read this entire feed about a month before I took the Florida MPJE and it sent me into a panic! I went to a pharmacy school in South Carolina and had most of my intern experience from the state of Maine, so I had no experience or information about Florida pharmacy laws outside of what information and resources are posted on the Florida board of pharmacy website.

I'm here to say that I took the Florida MPJE 12 days ago and I passed. So it IS possible.

I studied for about 3 weeks, the last 2 weeks around 5 hours a day. I read ALL of the statutes and administrative codes on the Florida BOP website and also found a quizlet series that seemed to be made from Dr. Seamons notes from 2015 because I didn't have access to the original notes or the UF slides that everyone keeps referencing. If you go to the quizlet website and search "florida MPJE seamon" a study set will pop up with 485 notecards that I studied pretty intensely and found helpful. The ONLY material I studied for federal law was the "Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law 9th Edition" by Reiss, which you can purchase used on Amazon for around $30 (worth it).

Study hard, don't freak out it is possible to pass. But read ALL of the STATUTES and CODES - seriously.. every. single. page.
thanks for guidance..have failed thrice..hope I can make it this time

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve been a pharmacist in CT for three years all the material I’ve seen for Florida pharmacy law is so overwhelming, I need to become licensed for family reasons, is there anyone that has passed and found luck with specific material?

For those of you taking the Florida MPJE -

I am a NJ pharmacist (practicing for 4 years) and took the FL MPJE last week. I would have to say this exam was by far harder than NJ NAPLEX and MPJE combined.

With that being said, this is what I used to study:
- Seamon's MPJE 2017 Review
- Steinhardt MPJE Slides

My honest suggestion - use Seamon's as a base review, and study word for word everything in Steinhardt's Florida Law slides.

This exam is extremely difficult and extremely detailed compared to other states.
Good luck!

Hey! I am a Georgia pharmacist moving to FL and I have to take the MPJE in one month. I need all the help I can get! Would anyone be willing to send me the notes from Dr Seamons or any other info you have? I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much
PS any tips/advice??

Hello all,

I just passed the FL MPJE this past week and I will say, it was a pain in the butt. I would like to make a comprehensive YT video on my experiences and advice but I'll dole some out now.

1. If you work in retail you have a better shot at passing it as a lot of the questions generated were of a community setting. Don't get me wrong there was some institutional thrown in the mix to but the bulk is community based.
2. Seamon's notes are okay but the one I had access to were outdated (2018 grad only had access to 2017 notes). I would heavily recommend the FL Strauss manual instead. Very comprehensive and laid out the terms without the legal jargon. Also had a very good question bank in which I took the time and did EVERY.SINGLE.QUESTION. Comprehensive all in one textbook basically.
3. Some folks will say that they've only read the FL statutes/didn't study all that much but made no mention of the Florida Administrative Code/FL Rules. Whoever says this: 1. Either got very lucky with the question bank or 2. They lied on study habits.
4. I've struggled with this exam as I've had to repeat taking it 3 times before finally getting it right the 4th time. (1st time was my biggest mistake as I took the test too lightly and the 2nd/3rd time, life took a turn for the worse and in hindsight I should have held off on taking the exam) I spent around a month off and on studying through the Strauss book. (5 days a week/4-5 hours a day) but I think you can get the gist if you do a two-week study and put in 4-5 hours a day. YMMV, but I think 2-weeks is sufficient enough.
5. Ask your pharmacist friends questions. If there is something you are not sure about ask them to clarify a question or a part of the law.

Reactions: 1 user