Florida MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaucon1973

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I took the Florida MPJE 4 week ago, and I didn't make it. I only study from the material from the board and the book guide to federal pharmacy law. Most of the questions are kind of related to real practice, and I even don't know where to look for the answers :(( I heard this book http://www.helppasspharmacylaw.com/ is a good for MPJE preparing, but it is too expensive. I just wonder if anyone has this book for sell or any idea about preparing for the MPJE in Florida. I am thinking to retake the exam within one month. I do appreciate your help.

Gaucon

Members don't see this ad.

gaucon1973 said:
Hi guys,
I took the Florida MPJE 4 week ago, and I didn't make it. I only study from the material from the board and the book guide to federal pharmacy law. Most of the questions are kind of related to real practice, and I even don't know where to look for the answers :(( I heard this book http://www.helppasspharmacylaw.com/ is a good for MPJE preparing, but it is too expensive. I just wonder if anyone has this book for sell or any idea about preparing for the MPJE in Florida. I am thinking to retake the exam within one month. I do appreciate your help.

Gaucon

Sorry to hear about your troubes with the law exam. I took the illinois MPJE last saturday and I must say whoever writes those questions really needs to get a clue. They were arguably the dumbest questions I have ever seen. The problem is that half of them are poorly worded (NABP do you guys actually read the questions before approving them???) and alot of them test you on things that are insignificant (i.e. manufacturing requirements, repackaging OTC's, etc)

I think you just have to read through what they are asking you and concentrate on eliminating the answers that are obsurd. I dunno how the florida exam was but in the illinois exam, there were usually 2 answers right away that were really bad and didn't make sense. You also have to separate what you do in "real life" versus what the law book says. I think that may trip people up because as we all know pharmacists break the law every day while preserving patient care and you have to know what that even though you can get away with that in real life (i.e. giving a few tablets without a refill), its not correct on the MPJE.

I don't have my test results back yet but I hope that I passed. I don't judge anyone that doesn't pass the NAPLEX or MPJE because IMO it only tests a fraction of your knowledge and you may have just strugged with questions that you didn't know or could recall but is not indicative of your overall knowledge base.

Hi Pharmdgto ,
Thanks for your reply. I wish you'll pass your law exam. You are right about the questions for MPJE. There's no way we know the answers right or wrong. Most of them are based on professional judment. One of my friends passed the MPJE couple months ago said that he could not believed he passed the exam. He just answered the questions based on his instincs! I guess I better go back to work as a pharmacy intern for a while while I prepare to take this law exam again.

Gaucon

gaucon1973 said:
Hi Pharmdgto ,
Thanks for your reply. I wish you'll pass your law exam. You are right about the questions for MPJE. There's no way we know the answers right or wrong. Most of them are based on professional judment. One of my friends passed the MPJE couple months ago said that he could not believed he passed the exam. He just answered the questions based on his instincs! I guess I better go back to work as a pharmacy intern for a while while I prepare to take this law exam again.

Gaucon

I am sure that you know the kinds of questions you will be up against, so the next time around shouldn't be too bad. I loathe the idea of having to work as an intern if I fail any of my exams (NAPLEX, MPJE). To be honest, the pay as an intern is good but I am sick of filling meds when I know I should be verifying them instead and couseling, regardless of a stupid exam score.

It has been 2 weeks since I took the NAPLEX and a week since the MPJE and I haven't heard ANYTHING. It is rediculous to have to wait such a long time for a test score that is pretty much scored the minute you finish the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
ABSOLOUTLY correct i did d mine on saturday as well...was pretty funny....felt dumb...and then i wondered is this what i really need to know to be able to prcatice pharmacy...i mean am i really gonna use any of this while i wrok as pharmacist....i wonder
well...if this is what i have to do to get there..then ill do it....
good luck all

i took the florida one today and it was as difficult as I've been told. I knew reiss and hall cover to cover, and I studied from the law and fac on the board website. I would say that 60% of the questions asked were not from either study material and I ended up guessing a lot. I am hoping I passed. If I have to take it again I don't know where I would have to go to study for it. I guess I'll try that prontopass thing. Has anyone used it knows if it actually works?

Since they forum prohibits actual questions just a direction for ppl to study. I would say to know about mailing of prescriptions both in state and out of state (also what if it's a control?). I had two questions regarding that. Also prescribing right of mid level practitioners for control substances, prescribing rights of pharmacist and what a pharmacist can prescribe, immunization. Also i had 3 questions or so on adulteration and mislabeling, 2 or 3 questions on what is required on the label of a prescription vial or prescription itself. what drugs can be used in opiod treatment, roles of a technician, consultant pharmacist, pharmacy manager, Dispensing of emergency prescriptions, dispensing of meds from hospitals, compounding for a doctor's office, repackaging drugs by a retail entity and redistributing. I also had an absolutely ridiculous questions regarding importing a foreign drug by a retail pharmacy and what a pharmacist is supposed to do after they import it? (Why in heck would you buy drugs from a foreign entity and not from a wholesaler is beyond me)

But what I have to say is that a lot of the answers were really ambigous and could go either way. I know the law but don't like any of the choices they are giving me or don't really know what they are trying to ask. I would much rather it be open ended. I am praying that I passed. Good luck to everyone. I hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
i studied of the reiss and hall book (green book) for federal law and the statutes.

to be frank, i read the book about 3 times and the statutes about 2 times for 3 days, and I managed to pass with an 85 (dont know how).

I felt horrible after the test, felt like I guess so many questions.

There were questions about the emergency kits ( how often must pharmacist check the kit and the responsibilities of the pharmacist regarding the kit), impaired physicians, impaired pharmacist, remember that pharmacist can only give influenza vaccination (not pneumonia), the transferring of controlled substance, optician cannot prescribe, opthamalogists can prescribe, fioricet is a rx drug (not controlled) and about 10 really easy questions.

DO NOT BUY MJPE PRONTOPASS. IT WAS A WASTE OF MONEY. THE INFO FROM PRONTOPASS WAS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE NABP LAW OVERVIEW THAT COSTS ONLY $20, WHILE THE PRONTOPASS COSTS $150 (SOMETHING LIKE THAT).

IF YOU NEED IT, PM ME AND I'LL SEND IT TO YOU FOR FREE.

So i passed with a 83. It really is a guessing game. Technically you only need to get 50% on the exam since only 60 questions count. You just need to get the right 45 right.

I guess you should feel well prepared if you know the reiss and hall (green federal pharmacy law book) and for the Laws and rules posted by the florida board just know the first two. For the Law portion read through Pharmacy (know everything) and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control (pick and choose from this). But really don't think you need to look at the other three at all. As to the rules (https://www.flrules.org/gateway/Division.asp?DivID=307) Look through the Pharmacist licensure and pharmacy practice. Know the list of drugs pharmacy can prescribe and know the CE hour requirements even for consultant requirements. Good luck everyone~!

i studied federal law from reiss and hall
and the state law from kaplan review plus state board website..
hope this helps.

I have the:

1.University of Florida's Federal and State Review package (2008-2009)
2.Kaplan's Florida Law Review (2008 edition)
3.Hall and Reiss Federal book. (2009)

I am very limited with time. Of those references, which should I focus on? Are the federal sections in Univ of Fl or Kaplan enough to replace the Hall and Reiss book, or is that a must read? I don't have the latest editions ... will that be a problem?

Thanks for your input!

I have the:

1.University of Florida's Federal and State Review package (2008-2009)
2.Kaplan's Florida Law Review (2008 edition)
3.Hall and Reiss Federal book. (2009)

I am very limited with time. Of those references, which should I focus on? Are the federal sections in Univ of Fl or Kaplan enough to replace the Hall and Reiss book, or is that a must read? I don't have the latest editions ... will that be a problem?

Thanks for your input!

UF law review is excellent... I would focus on this exclusively. Definitely do the practice test at the end. I also used PreMPJE.com for practice. It was useful for targeting various aspects of federal and state law that aren't covered deeply elsewhere. Aside from that, make sure you pray. FL MPJE was the most random test I've ever taken (no joke).

I studied the UF review, I read it twice, and looked over the kaplan the night before. I did practice questions on www.prempje.com and there were a lot of questions that were really similar to those on that website! Good Luck!

Thanks for your input.
1. I already purchased questions from pharmacyexam.com. Has anybody had any experience with them?... or should I also buy the prempje.com test questions?
2. Would you recommend reading Reiss and Hall?

A lot of my friends read Reiss and Hall and they passed. I didn't feel like reading the book tho haha. Did I send u the uf review? PM me if you need it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, you sent it to me already. However, I didn't realize I already had it. A friend had given me her study material last year. I didn't have a chance to go through it all.

1. Is it important to know the trade names for the narcs. I know the majority, but if it's not necessary I won't bother.
2. How many days did you study for the exam? I think I have 4-5 solid days to study for the exam ... otherwise, I'm taking care of my 7 month old daughter.
3. Was Kaplan helpful?

Could someone please PM me the UF review packet or tell me where I can find it? Much appreciated!
The UF law info is loaded on the Pharmacy school main page under continuing education. 2 different courses,l for ceu's and the other to practice for the state law exam. It is online but you can print the pages which I would recommend. PM me I have other papers in my garage which I will send.

It is now located at Rxlaw.org

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am taking the FL law exam next week, and would appreciate any help and esp the UF packet that everyone is referring to as well.

Thanks!

Hey I'm a pharmacist in NJ, just graduated in May 2010 and moving to Naples. I got a 90 on my NJ law but had the law book from my school. I copied all the laws from the FL website but its about 500 pages in Word, are any chapters more important than others?

Does anyone have a link or know how to access the UF law review?

Guys Please, anybody here to reply!!
I want a copy of the UF review for the state law exam, I tried to find the link but I could not. can you send me a copy or a link to that review.
Guys your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

:)anyone have info on how to get univ of fl state review for mpje-im out of state and hear its a good study guide-or any other guide for the state laws fed i got already--thanks for any and all help --rx4rx email-- linrog1 @cox.net

Hi! I took MPJE for Florida last month and I passed. I studied laws (Chapter 465, 64B16-28, 27, 30) given on the Pharmacy Board web pages. Also, studied pronto and took online exams (7). You should take free exam first to get feel of it. I think these much of work is good enough.

Good Luck!!

Dear all,
Greetings. I am relatively new to this forum. I am planning to sit for the FL MPJE in early March and i am currently practising at New York state. I am wondering if i can get any advise and study materials especially the UF law review to prepare for this examination. I have heard the Kaplan and Reiss & Hall books are also good materials for exam.
I am pretty anxious on this law exam. Would you mind sharing these materials via email or provide the link? Where can i find the practice test? Does anyone have experience on pharmacyexam.com or prempje.com? My email address is [email protected] .
I really appreciate all your help!

Sincerely,

John H

Last edited:
The UF law info is loaded on the Pharmacy school main page under continuing education. 2 different courses,l for ceu's and the other to practice for the state law exam. It is online but you can print the pages which I would recommend. PM me I have other papers in my garage which I will send.

Could I please get copies?:)

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum. I am planning to sit for the FL MPJE in early May and I am currently practicing in Ohio. I am wondering if I can get any advise and study materials especially the UF law review to prepare for this examination. I have heard the Kaplan and Reiss & Hall books are also good materials for the exam.
I am pretty anxious about this law exam. Would you mind sharing these materials via email or provide the link? Where can I find the practice test? Does anyone have experience on pharmacyexam.com or prempje.com? My email address is [email protected].
I really appreciate all your help!:)

msunc,
Could you use your own message to seek for help from others? Not just copying the whole message from me.

JH

if someone could email me a copy of whatever they have that could help me for the Florida MPJE I would be very very appreciative!!!

PM me for my email address.. thanks :love:

I already failed twice that test with 74 at each time...just horrible.In the forum,people say that UF review is a good material for preparing it.I please every who can help me to have that review.I plan to retake it at the begining of april..Please do help me.I really need help.
Thanks

hey can you send me the UF review for florida MPJE i have it this friday and tight on time

Last edited:
Hi I'm in a crunch for time i have the florida MPJE exam this friday and was wondering if you could send me the study material you used to study for the exam.

i ordered the prontopass cards, and i have the rxlaw.org review notes, is that enough to study for the exam? ill be taking it in a month or 2

Hey guys-- does anyone have an electronic copy of the UF FL law review (or ANY review materials for that matter!)? I'll be taking the test in a few weeks and could certainly use some help. I can email you off-site.

Thanks so much!:D

FYI, there is no UF law notes this year. We have a different professor for our class and following. I would think the other professor had made this review, but the new one is not.

The UF notes state that you cannot copy or sell them, at least they did when I graduated in 2007. They got me through and I passed the first time I took it. I'm taking Washington in June and am using the Univ of Washington notes. They teach you everything that is important in school.

I did get the pronto pass cards to have something to flip through since I've been out of school for so long. A lot of the laws deal with retail and since I work hospital I don't know most of that crap anymore.

im gonna take the florida mpje on june 18th. wish me luck! any last minute advice, test prep materials would be very helpful.

Hi guys,

Gaucon
Yeah, I got that book. It looks really good. I've read through some of it. It has tons of questions. And, from doing a couple sections, you get the idea of what you'll be asked. It was a lot a money though. Wish someone could a split the cost with me.