Florida schools - interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrBurns10 said:
Excellent! Although I think that's a strange story to have...BREAKING NEWS: C. Montgomery Burns is the 6th most fascinating rich fictional character in America! Who even administered this poll? But that is excellent, I like Mr. Burns a lot. When I registered on SDN I was never intending to post anything so I didn't put any thought into my screenname, but at least people know where my Simpsons loyalty lies. Well, along with Groundskeeper Willie.

hahahahaha.........Aw, yeah the same thing happened with me. When I first saw SDN, I never intended on posting anything. Now I am addicted to the site. It happens to a lot of people. :laugh: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

Its called addiction.....Admit me to SDN rehab now, I say now!!!! :laugh: :laugh: muah hahahahahahahahaha

Members don't see this ad.

gujuDoc said:
hahahahaha.........Aw, yeah the same thing happened with me. When I first saw SDN, I never intended on posting anything. Now I am addicted to the site. It happens to a lot of people. :laugh: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

Its called addiction.....Admit me to SDN rehab now, I say now!!!! :laugh: :laugh: muah hahahahahahahahaha
I like the shopkeeper. What the heck was his name?

Members don't see this ad :)
medgator said:
Apu Nahasapeemapetilon. Try saying that 3 times fast.

Wow never knew the last name. I did remember the first name.

He's funny too because he's supposed to be Indian according to the show.

I think the Simpson's is kinda funny at times and one of the better cartoons that still remains.

medgator said:
Apu Nahasapeemapetilon. Try saying that 3 times fast.
I can't even say it once slowly. ;)

Yeah, Guju, he's supposed to be an Indian. You know what's funny? I haven't seen the show in so long that I can barely even remember why I liked Apu so much. :laugh:

My favorite Apu quote is probably "Please do not offer my God a peanut."

Ralph Wiggum is also one of my favorites, I always find myself quoting him in that high-pitched voice of his. My all-time Ralph favorite (said on an archaeological field trip):
Ralph: I found something! It's a spearhead!
Miss Hoover: That's your trowel-blade, Ralph, it fell off the handle.
Ralph: And I found it!

Now the important question...which one is better? Simpsons of about five years ago or Family Guy?

I love this one:

Rev. Lovejoy: No Homer, God didn't burn your house down, but he was working in the hearts of your friends be they Christian, Jew, or... (turning to Apu) miscellaneous.
Apu: Hindu. There are seven hundred million of us.
Rev. Lovejoy: Aww, that's super.

I have a question... I have been complete at USF since early October and I still have not heard ANYTHING. Do you think I should call up Mr. Larkin and see what's going on? Will he be able to tell me any new information as far as my file being reviewed, etc? I'd like to know if I still have a shot at an interview or if I'm going to be rejected....the waiting is killing me!!! :oops: Thanks!

frany584 said:
I have a question... I have been complete at USF since early October and I still have not heard ANYTHING. Do you think I should call up Mr. Larkin and see what's going on? Will he be able to tell me any new information as far as my file being reviewed, etc? I'd like to know if I still have a shot at an interview or if I'm going to be rejected....the waiting is killing me!!! :oops: Thanks!

You can probably email him and see what he says. Or PM him through SDN as well, since he posts under the name REL.

Although, he might not have an answer for you it is worth a shot. If you've done anything to help your profile, like new volunteering or shadowing, I'd also update them about it.

Thanks guju! I was going to send them my transcripts from the fall, but I wanted to let them know I had finished research with a physician who wants to possibly publish the paper; however, it is not definite so I wasn't sure if I could say that just yet. I think I might PM him though. :)

So, I just got back from the Boca campus for UM and I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooved it! :love: :love: :love:

(sorry, just wanted to share)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

RunnerMD said:
So, I just got back from the Boca campus for UM and I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooved it! :love: :love: :love:

(sorry, just wanted to share)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Cool huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
unfrozencaveman said:
Cool huh?

Yeah--although, I don't think its for everyone. I think you need to be a certain type of person to really like it there.

But for me, it was the perfect fit! Now I just need to find a place to live near Deerfield Beach, and I'll be set!

MrBurns10 said:
My favorite Apu quote is probably "Please do not offer my God a peanut."

Ralph Wiggum is also one of my favorites, I always find myself quoting him in that high-pitched voice of his. My all-time Ralph favorite (said on an archaeological field trip):
Ralph: I found something! It's a spearhead!
Miss Hoover: That's your trowel-blade, Ralph, it fell off the handle.
Ralph: And I found it!

Now the important question...which one is better? Simpsons of about five years ago or Family Guy?

I think Simpsons is better then Family guy. But I'm biased!!!! My brothers got me hooked to simpsons. A few years ago, when he was in Tampa, he used to have it on whenever I went to his apartment for dinner. So, I got hooked to the Simpsons. I don't know, but for some reason I think Simpsons is better. Not to say Family guy is not good too, but I love the Simpsons.

RunnerMD said:
Yeah--although, I don't think its for everyone. I think you need to be a certain type of person to really like it there.

But for me, it was the perfect fit! Now I just need to find a place to live near Deerfield Beach, and I'll be set!
Damn, I wish I already knew where I'm going next year. But my indecisive brain says I'm having more fun stressing about it instead. I'm glad you enjoyed Boca!

Did anyone see CSI Miami tonight? A Febreze Scent Stories solved the crime! Gahhhh!! I hope that was this thread...

unfrozencaveman said:
Did anyone see CSI Miami tonight? A Febreze Scent Stories solved the crime! Gahhhh!! I hope that was this thread...

Are you serious? Right now, I'm trying to figure out how an air freshener could provide a clue to a crime. Hmmm...were they able to pinpoint the time of the murder based upon where the Scent Story was stopped? Please tell me this is a joke, and I'm just too stupid to p/u on your sarcasm. If, however, this IS true, than WOW--CSI is scraping the bottom of the barrel or story lines (that, and they needed some more advertising $$$ so they utilized product placement)

RunnerMD said:
Are you serious? Right now, I'm trying to figure out how an air freshener could provide a clue to a crime. Hmmm...were they able to pinpoint the time of the murder based upon where the Scent Story was stopped? Please tell me this is a joke, and I'm just too stupid to p/u on your sarcasm. If, however, this IS true, than WOW--CSI is scraping the bottom of the barrel or story lines (that, and they needed some more advertising $$$ so they utilized product placement)

That's pretty much exactly what happened. It was on a timer, so they figured out who was in the room when each scent was "playing" by collecting the scent off their clothes.

Can't make stuff like that up. Or, at least I can't. Then at the end Horatio got this ridiculously hot babe to ask him out to dinner. If anything was unbelievable, it was that.

The Florida thread is dyyyyyyyying....

Someone think of something to talk about. I don't care if it's about med schools, sports, movies, music, penguins, Q's grandparents having sex (refer back to previous discussion), ScentStories, speedos, or how strange unfrozencaveman is, but let's talk about something!

I agree! I was looking at the # of posts on other state threads, and we were pretty close to TX (although after Feb. 1, I'm sure we will be blown away). But the past few weeks we've really slipped...

Here's a question (and its actually relevant to the thread!) Does anyone know how long it takes from filling out the FAFSA until we get a fin aid package from a school? And how does this work with FSU since they start so early (end of May!!!)

medgator said:
I love this one:

Rev. Lovejoy: No Homer, God didn't burn your house down, but he was working in the hearts of your friends be they Christian, Jew, or... (turning to Apu) miscellaneous.
Apu: Hindu. There are seven hundred million of us.
Rev. Lovejoy: Aww, that's super.

I think they overuse Ralph now, but I did like the greeting card he drew for ms hoover:

Dear Miss Hoover:

You have lime disease. I drew a picture of a spirochete.

It went on and on, but I always remember what a spirochete is now.

I thought of you guys today when I saw this advertised on a bargains forum...apparantly, it was so popular it sold out.

Check this out!

Hi guys, I've been reading your comments although this is my very first time posting one on SND. Anyways, I have an interview at FSU next friday :laugh: the 20th and I was wondering if anyone else here is interviewing there the same day. It is my first interview and I'm really excited b/c even though it's a young school it is probably my first choice. Weird huh?! Let me know if you are gonna be interviewing with me. Zepp :cool:

To those who may know

What is the very earliest possible U of Miami can accept a student every application cycle? thanks.

Zeppelin900 said:
Hi guys, I've been reading your comments although this is my very first time posting one on SND. Anyways, I have an interview at FSU next friday :laugh: the 20th and I was wondering if anyone else here is interviewing there the same day. It is my first interview and I'm really excited b/c even though it's a young school it is probably my first choice. Weird huh?! Let me know if you are gonna be interviewing with me. Zepp :cool:

Not weird...

I am interviewing on 1/20 also.

I'm sitting in caveman 's bachelorette pad right now watching Mrs. Doubtfire. I had forgotten how funny Robin Williams is. caveman's pad is pretty cool, when there's electricity. :D Just thought everyone would like to know. :p

TrulyBlessed said:
Not weird...

I am interviewing on 1/20 also.

Will be praying for you girl!

To those who may know

What is the very earliest possible U of Miami can accept a student every application cycle? thanks.

medhacker said:
cool thanks! :thumbup:
No problem, I wasn't sure if I was understanding your question correctly. Although this year it was accidentally October 10, but that'll just be our little secret.

MrBurns10 said:
No problem, I wasn't sure if I was understanding your question correctly. Although this year it was accidentally October 10, but that'll just be our little secret.

check that out!

no problem :)

Zepp and Truly--

FSU is an awesome school. I went with very very very very very low expectations, and it completely suprised me! Also, when you arrive in the library in the morning on interview day, you find out who your interviewers are. Usually there are students mingling and they will give you their opinions about the interviewers. Anyway, take what they say with a grain of salt, and realize its only one person's opinion (I was told something negative about one of my interviewers, and so I became really nervous--however, I had the interview, and the guy was sooooooooooooo soooooooooooooo soooooooooo nice). Also, maybe it was just my day, but they served us lasagne (sp?) so be careful of the marinara sauce!

Best of luck! :luck: Keep us updated as to how it goes.

Hey Runner, thanks for the comments in the other thread. I hated where that went, but what can you do. After a discussion like that I need a whole friggin' bag of mint M&Ms! Good luck at your interview, Zepp and Truly!

I can't believe I'm still up...

Hey everyone! Thanks for the responses. This is only my second post and I'm already having fun doing it. It's addicting. Blessed, I will see you there come inteview day. If you want to see how I look check out myspace. I hardly ever log in but I have a profile. Search for my email: [email protected] and anyone who is on there, don't be afraid to drop me a message, just make sure that it's readable, that it states your points clearly and in an orderly fashion and that answers the question of why you want to be a physician :idea: ... Snap out of it!!!! Sorry I got carried away. lol seeyall Zeppy-Zepp ;)

Zeppelin900 said:
anyone who is on there, don't be afraid to drop me a message, just make sure that it's readable, that it states your points clearly and in an orderly fashion and that answers the question of why you want to be a physician :idea: ... Snap out of it!!!! Sorry I got carried away. lol seeyall Zeppy-Zepp ;)
:laugh:

Good luck with your interviews, Zepp and Blessed. :) Let us know how it goes.

QofQuimica said:
I'm sitting in caveman 's bachelorette pad right now watching Mrs. Doubtfire. I had forgotten how funny Robin Williams is. caveman's pad is pretty cool, when there's electricity. :D Just thought everyone would like to know. :p

hahahahahahaha..........and this whole time I thought Caveman lived in a cave and went out to gather berries and hunt deer for food, with fire as the only sorce of warmth in the middle of no where. :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

On FSU:

I visited FSU COM last school year and thought it was pretty impressive, especially the learning communities they have for the first two years.

However, if you are more interested in academic medicine, it is probably not the school for you.

But for primary care and clinical medicine, I think it will develop into a great school.

gujuDoc said:
hahahahahahaha..........and this whole time I thought Caveman lived in a cave and went out to gather berries and hunt deer for food, with fire as the only sorce of warmth in the middle of no where. :smuggrin: :smuggrin:
No, from my perusal of the pantry, it appears that she goes hunting at Trader Joe's. ;) No venison. No berries.

Well, I'm interested in clinical medicine, that's why I like it so much. And considering the campus change the last two years, I think it's not too bad a deal because you have the chance in working in a big city like Orlando or in rural zone like pensacola. ( and by the way, the pictures of the new campus in Sarasota look fantastic, Caribbean-like. Just the place to drink margaritas while...well, think of your own imagery). Anyways, change is a good thing for those who enjoy moving from city to city very two years, a good way to know florida better. Congratulations to all of you accepted!!! and I hope to see you there.

Question: Is there anyone who's been accepted to FSU and other school and is definitel thinking of coming to FSU? Post your responses.

Zeppelin

QofQuimica said:
I wanted to be the one to break in her TempurPedic bed :(

dude, you're never online anymore...I've been having to talk to "other" people lately. How can you do this to me??

Zeppelin900 said:
Well, I'm interested in clinical medicine, that's why I like it so much. And considering the campus change the last two years, I think it's not too bad a deal because you have the chance in working in a big city like Orlando or in rural zone like pensacola. ( and by the way, the pictures of the new campus in Sarasota look fantastic, Caribbean-like. Just the place to drink margaritas while...well, think of your own imagery). Anyways, change is a good thing for those who enjoy moving from city to city very two years, a good way to know florida better. Congratulations to all of you accepted!!! and I hope to see you there.

Question: Is there anyone who's been accepted to FSU and other school and is definitel thinking of coming to FSU? Post your responses.

Zeppelin
FSU has a Sarasota campus? Really? Where? How many campuses do they have?

MrBurns10 said:
I wanted to be the one to break in her TempurPedic bed :(

dude, you're never online anymore...I've been having to talk to "other" people lately. How can you do this to me??
:laugh: Boy and you are really missing out.

I've been busy. Hanging out with caveman. Separately together. :smuggrin:

They have Tallahassee, Pensacola, Orlando and Sarasota is the new addition. In the future I heard they are thiking of expandint to Fr. Myers and Jacksonville. Yes, Jacksonville. Surprise, surprise....

Wow Quimica, you sure are busy posting here. Just prob don't close this page, no wonder you have 3000+ posts. By the way do you speak Spanish? Curious because of the Spanish 'quimica'.

Seeya.

Zeppelin900 said:
Wow Quimica, you sure are busy posting here. Just prob don't close this page, no wonder you have 3000+ posts. By the way do you speak Spanish? Curious because of the Spanish 'quimica'.

Seeya.
Alas, I am not the champion poster here. That would be A-man I think, but he's already in med school so he doesn't hang out in this thread much. Or maybe guju; I think she's got me beat too. Must. Catch. Up. :smuggrin:

Si, como no. Mr.Burns y A-man tambien hablan espanol. Y tu?

Thanks for wishing us so much luck, and thanks for the advice RunnerMD...That's true gujuDoc. It's a new school though so I kind of expected it. I am really interested in primary care, so it's a great fit for me! :) :clap:

Zeppelin900 said:

Zeppelin

I also want to know has anyone made any final decisions?

QofQuimica said:
Alas, I am not the champion poster here. That would be A-man I think, but he's already in med school so he doesn't hang out in this thread much. Or maybe guju; I think she's got me beat too. Must. Catch. Up. :smuggrin:

Si, como no. Mr.Burns y A-man tambien hablan espanol. Y tu?
Gringo! but I love you anyway

Anyone with Aim service. Add me and drop me a chat if you want to. My screen name is the same I use here Zeppelin900.

Good Luck!!!!!! Please respond to my survey question above!

Status
Not open for further replies.