Unchained

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
My fellow pharmacists the time of the year is here again where corporate America uses the trust we have spent decades building with the public to sell them a product which is not necessary and not efficacious. Just remember not to recommend Flumist because we shockingly discovered that it doesn't work. When patients question why you recommended a product which didn't work just sell them the other snake oil which is so much better than the last. I'm certain this other company wouldn't manipulate their research data.

Reactions: Frank Stein

Reirrac

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
Sweet, time to start poking people with sharp needles and minimize flu and pneumonia. And bill the insurance companies to cover the cost. Maybe also bill outcomes mtm to get more money for the company.

Reactions: Dalteparin

confettiflyer

Did you just say something?
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status
Pharmacist
My fellow pharmacists the time of the year is here again where corporate America uses the trust we have spent decades building with the public to sell them a product which is not necessary and not efficacious. Just remember not to recommend Flumist because we shockingly discovered that it doesn't work. When patients question why you recommended a product which didn't work just sell them the other snake oil which is so much better than the last. I'm certain this other company wouldn't manipulate their research data.
ookay, don't forget your tin foil hat

wagrxm2000

A different perspective
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2014
Nothing to do with flu shots but what are your thoughts on homeopathic or any kind of alternative medicine?

Second question, how does it make you feel when you hear about a child dying from vaccine preventable disease?

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2003
I have nothing against vaccines but I don't remember the last time I got vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

OP
Unchained

Unchained

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
Nothing to do with flu shots but what are your thoughts on homeopathic or any kind of alternative medicine?

Second question, how does it make you feel when you hear about a child dying from vaccine preventable disease?
The first question doesn't apply to this thread.
I don't hear about children dying from vaccine preventable diseases. Let's take for instance the flu vaccine. The CDC estimates that 3k to 49k die each year from the flu. They admit on their website that they really can't tell how many people die per year but this is their best guess. Quite a wide range isn't it? Death certificates only register 500 deaths per year from influenza. This number is likely much lower due to the fact that lab tests usually are not performed so the number is more likely closer to 100 deaths per year. You can't sell millions of vaccines if only 100 people are dying per year.

How do you feel when a child is injured from a vaccine that they received for a disease for which it is unnecessary (chicken pox) or ineffective (flu)?
How about tetanus? When was the last time you saw or heard of a case of tetanus? You're more likely to see Bigfoot or a UFO. Make sure you recommend one every 10 years though.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
Oh Jesus.

wagrxm2000

A different perspective
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2014
I don't hear about children dying from vaccine preventable diseases. Let's take for instance the flu vaccine. The CDC estimates that 3k to 49k die each year from the flu. They admit on their website that they really can't tell how many people die per year but this is their best guess. Quite a wide range isn't it? Death certificates only register 500 deaths per year from influenza. This number is likely much lower due to the fact that lab tests usually are not performed so the number is more likely closer to 100 deaths per year. You can't sell millions of vaccines if only 100 people are dying per year.

How do you feel when a child is injured from a vaccine that they received for a disease for which it is unnecessary (chicken pox) or ineffective (flu)?
How about tetanus? When was the last time you saw or heard of a case of tetanus? You're more likely to see Bigfoot or a UFO. Make sure you recommend one every 10 years though.
The first question is important to show how much evidence you need to give a recommendation to a patient so please answer it.

Did a quick google search here is the first article, didn't even read it since it would only piss me off.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/mom-child-died-chicken-pox-advocates-vaccines/story?id=23323301

In regards to tetanus, it certainly is not gone. While small, of the cases reported, the percentage that had received the complete series and still got it was extremely low. You may say that shows it isn't effective but I say it shows it is.

Look can a person go through life and not get any of these vaccine preventable diseases? Sure, but I don't know about you but if I can decrease my chances of getting say shingles even by a little I'm going to get it. It's not like these vaccines are hurting you.

I hate wearing a seatbelt and I don't plan on getting in an accident but I wear it anyways.

Last edited:
OP
Unchained

Unchained

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
I have nothing against vaccines but I don't remember the last time I got vaccinated.

Well BMBiology you are un American. There are vaccines for every stage of life here. Ages 0 thru 6 we got you covered. Sexually active at age 12 got that covered. Going off to college of course you need meningitis and per the latest commercials you need two meningitis shots because when 1 shot fails we need another failing shot. Healthcare professional in college more shots for you. Flu shots fill in the gap for all ages. Pneumonia and Zostavax later in life. Don't forget to recommend Tetanus to granny if she works in the garden even if you've never seen or heard of anyone contracting Tetanus. Zika is coming to a pharmacy near you. We have to support our corporations from cradle to grave. Be a good healthcare professional.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2009
Locked in the basement
www.facebook.com
Status
Pharmacist
Tetanus is recommended every 10 years? I thought it was only post-exposure?

As for "How do you feel when a child is injured from a vaccine that they received for a disease for which it is unnecessary (chicken pox) or ineffective (flu)?" - what would an example of that be, exactly?

OP
Unchained

Unchained

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
That advertisement for vaccines was sandwiched in between ads for Advil up top and Livalo on the right. Can the propaganda be any more obvious? She was the one out of 1 million born without a spleen who we should've given ineffective vaccines to that wouldn't have made a difference? Can you come up with something better than this please?

OP
Unchained

Unchained

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
The first question is important to show how much evidence you need to give a recommendation to a patient so please answer it.

Did a quick google search here is the first article, didn't even read it since it would only piss me off.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/mom-child-died-chicken-pox-advocates-vaccines/story?id=23323301

In regards to tetanus, it certainly is not gone. While small, of the cases reported, the percentage that had received the complete series and still got it was extremely low. You may say that shows it isn't effective but I say it shows it is.

Look can a person go through life and not get any of these vaccine preventable diseases? Sure, but I don't know about you but if I can decrease my chances of getting say shingles even by a little I'm going to get it. It's not like these vaccines are hurting you.

I hate wearing a seatbelt and I don't plan on getting in an accident but I wear it anyways.
"It's not like these vaccines are hurting you"=very naïve statement from socially engineered millennial. Adverse effects are vastly underreported by pharmacists and physicians. Waivers are signed absolving all from liability. A well compensated media to attack anyone who questions excessive and unnecessary vaccination. Check out the list of chemicals you are injecting in yourself from a lab in India.

wagrxm2000

A different perspective
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2014
"It's not like these vaccines are hurting you"=very naïve statement from socially engineered millennial. Adverse effects are vastly underreported by pharmacists and physicians. Waivers are signed absolving all from liability. A well compensated media to attack anyone who questions excessive and unnecessary vaccination. Check out the list of chemicals you are injecting in yourself from a lab in India.
You may want to start bringing some facts.

http://vec.chop.edu/service/parents-possessing-accessing-communicating-knowledge-about-vaccines/global-immunization/diseases-and-vaccines-a-world-view.html

Notice the amount of cases of tetanus compared to the usa

wagrxm2000

A different perspective
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2014
This advertisement is paid for by Big Pharma presented by the CDC.
So what it's all a big lie. Lol what a joke, please respond to the world wide cases compared to ours post.

70,000 deaths from tetanus compared to a few in the USA.

Momus

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
Once an idiot, always an idiot.

Don't feed the troll.

confettiflyer

Did you just say something?
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status
Pharmacist
Anyone catch USA swimming earlier? Phelps and Ledecky are BEASTS.

ldiot

2+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2015
Miami, FL
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I know of a lot more old farts hospitalized from the flu than people who had a reaction to it (zero).

OP
Unchained

Unchained

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
I heard they got their vaccines as children. I know unchained always rants about metals in vaccines but he never mentioned Olympic Gold as an adverse effect!
Hopefully you make good $$ because your humor is not going to impress the ladies. Keep telling more Dad jokes.

Your knowledge won't impress them either. They might ask you if you recommended Flumist and did you feel like a fool when it was found by the CDC to only be 3% effective despite Astra Zeneca finding that it was 48%. Being the witty guy you are you'll simply tell her that sometimes this happens in science but you should still get your flu shot because that's what I've been programmed to say to you by my corporation. Don't worry because she's probably a dumbed down millennial also. You'll still get the girl in the end because you're a Dr and you get paid mad bank. Just buy her a few more drinks. She'll believe anything you tell her.

OP
Unchained

Unchained

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
Oh boy that time of year already, when your waiter queue goes red and you hear X number of pharmacy calls while trying to juggles these shots.
Corporate tells us that if you set it up correctly it doesn't take any longer to process than a regular prescription. Stop being negative or you'll have to attend the weekly flu shot re-education classes.
In the future we'll have a magic flu protection wand we wave over the patient. It will be much faster and just as effective. Americans will pay for anything. Who has time to conduct research? Besides the anchor on the 5 o'clock news says my Dr recommends it because it's going to be an especially bad flu season this year. He says this because he cares about me.

OP
Unchained

Unchained

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
I've discouraged at least 3 people from getting the flu shot this season. It's amazing how the non brainwashed public educated outside the medical industrial complex has more common sense than most of us pharmacists. They understand that samples taken in March in China will look much different than the ones that arrive on our shores in September because the virus mutates.

BidingMyTime

Lost Shaker Of Salt
10+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2006
Illinois
Status
Pharmacist
I don't hear about children dying from vaccine preventable diseases.
Strange, I remember a thread here a couple of years ago where a member posted about a ~6 year old who had died in their area from the FLU. And I remember you posting on that thread. So I know you have heard about children dying from vaccine preventable diseases.

Oh wait, I forgot that you believe ALL vaccines are 100% ineffective. NM.

Niosh

7+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2010
Iowa
Status
Pharmacist
So far this year I've convinced three patients to use colloidal silver instead of their prescribed antibiotics.
We had a guy come in our clinic recently who used colloidal silver to cure his ailments. It was surprising to see in real life how blue his skin is.

Reactions: BidingMyTime

gwarm01

10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
We had a guy come in our clinic recently who used colloidal silver to cure his ailments. It was surprising to see in real life how blue his skin is.
Maybe when this whole pharmacy thing comes crashing down I can tattoo Bohr's hydrogen atom on my forehead, start taking colloidal silver, and make a living as a professional Dr. Manhattan cosplayer.

lane one

2+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2016
Status
Pharmacist
Dude, you can't just excuse away anyone who opposes you with the "you're a brainwashed millennial" excuse. You're just a brainwashed antivaxer. See, I can do it too.

Please present facts. Just because corporations profit from the administration of vaccines doesn't make them guilty of conspiracy. Companies develop products, market them and sell them. The more they sell, the more they make. That's the way capitalism works. That does not mean that what they are selling doesn't work, or that that they are in any way being unethical.

OP
Unchained

Unchained

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
Strange, I remember a thread here a couple of years ago where a member posted about a ~6 year old who had died in their area from the FLU. And I remember you posting on that thread. So I know you have heard about children dying from vaccine preventable diseases.

Oh wait, I forgot that you believe ALL vaccines are 100% ineffective. NM.
In rare instances yes children do die from the flu. The flu vaccine wouldn't have made a difference. This child for instance could've received Flumist which was found to be 3% effective by the corrupt CDC.