Fluoroquinolone Patents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey... I hear crickets! do you hear crickets? cricket infestation!

Cricket infestation?...Are you here in my bedroom? Maybe not, I think cave crickets are silent...oh well.......:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow you are an angry, bitter person. Just answer the question. In fact, re-read this thread or any thread and you never answer the question but instead offer ridicule and sarcasm. You seldom ever contribute with anything but deflecting questions of you own.

WOULD YOU AGREE THAT TIGECYCLINE IS A SAFER, MORE EFFECTIVE OPTION THAN COLISTIN IN CONFIRMED KPC INFECTIONS FOR MOST PATIENTS? Simple enough.

You and I have been through this before, I am not pissed at administration. They get it. I am pissed at my pharmacy breathern who have been taught that generics (even when more expensive and more toxic) are by default better than brand name products simply because they are generic. If you had a family member who was febrile 7 days into VAP not responsive to ABXs and the ID says he suspects a yeast or a mold - would you really risk "shake and bake" when the IDSA offers 2 branded primary options?

I get it, you'd have them on vanc and AmphoB. Shake, Bake and Red Man all to keep the generic manufacturer in Zinzhang happy.

I would challenge you that tigecycline is a more effective option. Less toxic, yes....but it generally achieves very low serum concentrations and isn't the best option for bacteremias.

I would challenge you that tigecycline is a more effective option. Less toxic, yes....but it generally achieves very low serum concentrations and isn't the best option for bacteremias.

I've always wondered about this. Why haven't people just started upping the dose for use in bacteremia? Aside from the GI effects, what's the harm? Is it lack of data, or are there some concentration-dependent toxicities that come out at higher dosages?