FM work as hospitalist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Muhammad Usman

Reaction score
hi
Few questions please give suggestions
1: how difficult to get job as hospitalist after finishing Residency? And what is few places where it’s easy to get that jobs? Any recommendations?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

1. It's not. Especially if you're flexible about location.

Questions I would be asking is $$$, RVU bonuses, hours/time, holidays, turnover rate, and # of night shifts.

Practicelink, or looking up areas you're interested in and talk to the hospital systems' in house recruiter.

Reactions: 2 users
I m ok with location ,
Anyone who knows any opportunities like that please let me know, my wife she has to do J waiver starting from next year 2023 as hospitalist and she is IM, but I want to do hospitalist being a FM so we can work in same hospital or system
Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
I m ok with location ,
Anyone who knows any opportunities like that please let me know, my wife she has to do J waiver starting from next year 2023 as hospitalist and she is IM, but I want to do hospitalist being a FM so we can work in same hospital or system
Thank you
Hey there,

Current FM hospitalist here. Your wife will have a slightly easier time than you will but don't worry it will still be easy to secure a good paying hospitalist job as an FM.

I signed up with the following job boards (I have no association with these companies):

PracticeLink
Health ECareers
Hospitalist Working
Sound Physicians
Envision
Apogee Physicians

I secured a position in 3-6 months. I still get job emails, texts, and calls to this day. My one tip though, make sure you and the wife are happy being locked into an area for at least 3 years for your J1 waiver. As I'm Canadian I was lucky to take a 1 year job on an H1B despite needed to do my return of service.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there,

Current FM hospitalist here. Your wife will have a slightly easier time than you will but don't worry it will still be easy to secure a good paying hospitalist job as an FM.

I signed up with the following job boards (I have no association with these companies):

PracticeLink
Health ECareers
Hospitalist Working
Sound Physicians
Envision
Apogee Physicians

I secured a position in 3-6 months. I still get job emails, texts, and calls to this day. My one tip though, make sure you and the wife are happy being locked into an area for at least 3 years for your J1 waiver. As I'm Canadian I was lucky to take a 1 year job on an H1B despite needed to do my return of service.
Thank you so much, being a locked in place for 3 years for waiver, I can imagine , I will contact with these companies if you don’t mind and see any opportunities can you give me heads up, if you don’t mind
Thanks

I started seeing what other jobs may be available and was turned away from two rural-ish locations because I was not IM trained. I am primary hospitalist one weekend out of the month here with many vent patients through the pandemic... I didn't know that was a thing! Wasn't sure if there was any recourse but honestly didn't care if that's the culture there. Many other opportunities available all over the place currently if you look hard enough.

Reactions: 1 user