FMG Couple's Match Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FranticFrancis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy, strangers!

My SO and I will be applying for this year's match for IM. We've got 2 mo USCE with 3 letters each. Both step 2 CS first attempt pass. Steps 1 and 2 around 250. We need visas. Also, honors in all clerkships. YOG late 2017.
We will be applying for ~150 programs, having had excluded the top 40 University programs in which our chances seem to be as dim as one dime in a damp cold night.

So what say you? Could we hope to snatch a match at Einstein-philli, or at any decent program in CT?

I'll be much obliged for any answers!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Howdy, strangers!

My SO and I will be applying for this year's match for IM. We've got 2 mo USCE with 3 letters each. Both step 2 CS first attempt pass. Steps 1 and 2 around 250. We need visas. Also, honors in all clerkships. YOG late 2017.
We will be applying for ~150 programs, having had excluded the top 40 University programs in which our chances seem to be as dim as one dime in a damp cold night.

So what say you? Could we hope to snatch a match at Einstein-philli, or at any decent program in CT?

I'll be much obliged for any answers!

Always apply broadly. Your chances will probably be higher in CT than Philly. Your chances will probably be better in the Midwest, than in NE.
That’s the extent of my contribution.
Good luck.

Reactions: 2 users
I would add more programs, and certainly rank all possible combinations even if it means one you is on the other side of the country. Better to match apart than not at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would add more programs, and certainly rank all possible combinations even if it means one you is on the other side of the country. Better to match apart than not at all.

We’d rather have only one matching but staying together in the same city than matching in distant places. But thanks for the reply!

We’d rather have only one matching but staying together in the same city than matching in distant places. But thanks for the reply!

Wow. That’s some dedication to each other. Review and ask people who are more informed about the process. You don’t want to end up with neither matching into anything due to some rules about couple matching.

add more programs, and make sure you are both have strong applications. The matching algorithm works to best suite you in the closest places or the same places at best.

Best wishes for both of you.

Just as an update, so far we got 17 interviews together and three interviews solo total. Sounds like we got a shot.

Just as a final update, we both matched 1st rank.

Reactions: 10 users