Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was miraculous, something of biblical proportions
but I digress,
I come from an Israeli medical school, with many friends in the Caribbean, and in other Israeli schools like the Technion, and like most carib students, they didnt match in the regular match or the scramble,
I am trying to figure out why, when I looked at available scramble positions, I saw something shocking, most prelims/transitionals/categoricals/and advanced spots filled during the general match, in positions I never thought would... FM, IM, Psych, Path....
When I started school here, in my orientation packet there was an NEJM article stating the 16,000 AMG's were left to fill 22,000 spots, with FMG's filling in the rest, however this is not the case anymore.
I fear for the future of carib schools and other fmg schools, I believe students may continue to be duped into paying ever increasing costs of tuition with nothing to show for it after 4 years. Isn't there litigation that can curb this,
I know myself, I wouldnt reccommend my program to a student even after busting my behind and matching derm (which I did w/o the help of my administration save a few). The time where going off-shore to obtain an MD may have passed.
There is a lot of sentiment as well biasing and prejudicing FMG's these days, in almost all my rotations I received many glares, looks, and adverse comments regarding my school its accreditation etc...
I wish all of you who didnt match or scramble the best of luck, my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!
but I digress,
I come from an Israeli medical school, with many friends in the Caribbean, and in other Israeli schools like the Technion, and like most carib students, they didnt match in the regular match or the scramble,
I am trying to figure out why, when I looked at available scramble positions, I saw something shocking, most prelims/transitionals/categoricals/and advanced spots filled during the general match, in positions I never thought would... FM, IM, Psych, Path....
When I started school here, in my orientation packet there was an NEJM article stating the 16,000 AMG's were left to fill 22,000 spots, with FMG's filling in the rest, however this is not the case anymore.
I fear for the future of carib schools and other fmg schools, I believe students may continue to be duped into paying ever increasing costs of tuition with nothing to show for it after 4 years. Isn't there litigation that can curb this,
I know myself, I wouldnt reccommend my program to a student even after busting my behind and matching derm (which I did w/o the help of my administration save a few). The time where going off-shore to obtain an MD may have passed.
There is a lot of sentiment as well biasing and prejudicing FMG's these days, in almost all my rotations I received many glares, looks, and adverse comments regarding my school its accreditation etc...
I wish all of you who didnt match or scramble the best of luck, my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!