folic acid

Started by drkooks
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drkooks

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
folic acid is essential for 1 carbon metabolism...
what does a 1 c metabolism mean ???


effective filtration pressure under following:
capillary blood P = 30 mmhg
plasma oncotic P=6000
tissue fluid osmotic P=5975
tissue fluid p = 5

ans: zero why? how can we calculate it?
 
Hey about the Effective Filtration pressure , this is calculated according to the Starling Principle..
So the Fluid movement will be = K [constant] *[Pc + I]-[PI+ p]
Pc -- Capillary blood pressure
I --- Interstitial fluid osmotic pressure
PI --- Interstitial fluid pressure
P --- Plasma protein oncotic pressure
K -- Filtration constant
So, now subsituting in the equation, K[30+5975-5+6000] = K[6005-6005] = 0

V long explanation but I hope u got it !!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey about the Effective Filtration pressure , this is calculated according to the Starling Principle..
So the Fluid movement will be = K [constant] *[Pc + I]-[PI+ p]
Pc -- Capillary blood pressure
I --- Interstitial fluid osmotic pressure
PI --- Interstitial fluid pressure
P --- Plasma protein oncotic pressure
K -- Filtration constant
So, now subsituting in the equation, K[30+5975-5+6000] = K[6005-6005] = 0

According to First Aid the fluid movement principle You are absolutely right.