You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Follow up Emails
Started by kdpd137
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I send mine out early the next morning. Most interviewers will see a lot of applicants, so you don't want them to forget who you are. I think roughly 24 hours allows enough time for you not to be pushy either.
Is it okay that the 24hrs after is a weekend? I just had my interview today and wasn’t sure if I should wait until Monday morning or notI send mine out early the next morning. Most interviewers will see a lot of applicants, so you don't want them to forget who you are. I think roughly 24 hours allows enough time for you not to be pushy either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would definitely wait until Monday. Sending an email over the weekend all but guarantees that it will get lost in the interviewer's inbox. That has been my experience, at least.Is it okay that the 24hrs after is a weekend? I just had my interview today and wasn’t sure if I should wait until Monday morning or not
Whether or not they’ll actually see your email in their inbox is uncertain—has anyone received a response back after sending follow ups?
toothache200
Full Member
I sent one follow up to a dentist I really got along with, and he replied!Whether or not they’ll actually see your email in their inbox is uncertain—has anyone received a response back after sending follow ups?
I sent one follow up to a dentist I really got along with, and he replied!
Nice, that’s probably as close to post-interview ‘A’ confirmation that an applicant can receive before December comes around.
toothache200
Full Member
You think it’s a good sign?Nice, that’s probably as close to post-interview ‘A’ confirmation that an applicant can receive before December comes around.
You think it’s a good sign?
If they actually reply to your email after the interview, I’d say that’s usually as good sign. At the very least, it should bring an applicant some reassurance in terms of how the interview went.
I've sent 9 thank-you emails and received 6 responses. I'd think a reply is less indicative of how the interview went, but more so common courtesy at that point. But of course, I'm just speculating, and a reply is never going to be a bad sign.If they actually reply to your email after the interview, I’d say that’s usually as good sign. At the very least, it should bring an applicant some reassurance in terms of how the interview went.
with your stats, the schools are gonna want you...I've sent 9 thank-you emails and received 6 responses. I'd think a reply is less indicative of how the interview went, but more so common courtesy at that point. But of course, I'm just speculating, and a reply is never going to be a bad sign.
I've sent 9 thank-you emails and received 6 responses. I'd think a reply is less indicative of how the interview went, but more so common courtesy at that point. But of course, I'm just speculating, and a reply is never going to be a bad sign.
You’re right, it has a lot to do with formal courtesies. Though, depending on how the reply email from your interviewer is worded, it could be quite suggestive of your disposition post-interview (at least before the committee meets to decide on you). An example would be if the interviewer includes a sentence somewhere along the lines of “I enjoyed speaking with you [Insert Name] and look forward to meeting you here next Fall” in their response. Unless you know you interviewer is putting up a front, I would take those words as positive feedback and be assured that my interviewer will vouch for me as best they can before the committee. But yeah, this is more so just speculation.
How accurate can that really even be?You’re right, it has a lot to do with formal courtesies. Though, depending on how the reply email from your interviewer is worded, it could be quite suggestive of your disposition post-interview (at least before the committee meets to decide on you). An example would be if the interviewer includes a sentence somewhere along the lines of “I enjoyed speaking with you [Insert Name] and look forward to meeting you here next Fall” in their response.
I believe that type of reply from an interviewer could suggest one of the following:
1) They were impressed by you while the other interviewer was not
2) They are just showing professional courtesy
3) Both interviewers were really impressed and it could be just suggesting you performed very well in the interview
What do others think about this statement? I’m actually curious.
Honestly I think it depends on how they reply. If they just say they appreciate the thank you and good luck I think it's professional courtesy.How accurate can that really even be?
I believe that type of reply from an interviewer could suggest one of the following:
1) They were impressed by you while the other interviewer was not
2) They are just showing professional courtesy
3) Both interviewers were really impressed and it could be just suggesting you performed very well in the interview
What do others think about this statement? I’m actually curious.
I emailed one of my interviewers that I had on Friday this morning & they replied calling me by my preferred name (something only mentioned in the interview as my email has my legal name) and even mentioned something else we talked about so who knows what that means. I feel like most are just so you know they got your email but I would like to think it's a good sign they at least acknowledged the email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No doesn’t matter , why would an email sent within 2 hours of interview hurt you.. ur fineDo you all think if I send a follow up thank you email within 2 hours of doing a virtual interview it would hurt my chances?
Or does it not really matter that much.
“Oh look this applicant emailed us A thank you letter within 2 hours of the interview. I say we disqualify him.” Lmaoo come on
DK2
Full Member
No doesn’t matter , why would an email sent within 2 hours of interview hurt you.. ur fine
“Oh look this applicant emailed us A thank you letter within 2 hours of the interview. I say we disqualify him.” Lmaoo come on
Sorry. I'm just trying to be perfect applicant. 🤣
No such thing as a perfect applicant, but I understand. An interview is only a step closer to an acceptance. Don’t sweat itSorry. I'm just trying to be perfect applicant. 🤣
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K