Good time for follow-up emails?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

intpreden

Reaction score
I have submitted my application on late June ~ mid July.

Just wondering if this is a good time to send emails to admissions offices?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now’s not a good time. Still early in process and some schools haven’t sent any II invites. If you don’t get an interview by December I’d say send a follow up then. If you get an interview and get waitlisted in December, then you’d wait until January for second round acceptances before sending a follow up.

The process is long, so try your best to stay patient and let it take its course. You don’t want to do anything that could jeopardize your chances. Sending follow ups prematurely doesn’t look all the greatest when schools have barely started checking and sending out invitations.

So. Deep breath. Give it a little more time. Everything’s gonna turn out in the end

Now’s not a good time. Still early in process and some schools haven’t sent any II invites. If you don’t get an interview by December I’d say send a follow up then. If you get an interview and get waitlisted in December, then you’d wait until January for second round acceptances before sending a follow up.

The process is long, so try your best to stay patient and let it take its course. You don’t want to do anything that could jeopardize your chances. Sending follow ups prematurely doesn’t look all the greatest when schools have barely started checking and sending out invitations.

So. Deep breath. Give it a little more time. Everything’s gonna turn out in the end
Thank you for your great advice every time. I really appreciate it.