Following acceptance, I realized I have an unreported class from 8 years ago!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Incognito_

Reaction score
I was recently accepted into a dental school but a few days ago I remembered I took my first class in the US about one year after I arrived to the US 8 years ago. I remember calling to drop but I can't remember how that conversation ended, at the time I knew nothing about how the education system works in the US. I didn't take my next class until 3 years later and when I filled out my dental application I have completely forgot I took that online class which I never attended. I tried to log into the school's website to see if I actually dropped the class or is it marked as F but the site shows an error to my login info. Am too scared to call them to request a transcript tbh. I couldn't do the class at the time because I had a very demanding job that required me to be in areas without internet for days at a time so it was basically a failed attempt to see if I can pull off an online class while doing that job. I don't have any other classes in that school. Actually, all my other classes are taken at a different state.

I have a 3.99 GPA today and excellent DAT score and I simply don't want to create any complications to my acceptance.
My question: What kind of tool do dental schools use to check if an applicant has unreported transcripts or classes? Has there been any incidents where an acceptance was rescinded because of a similar situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You’re fine brother. I seriously doubt this would ever come up. Even if it does it’s not like you didn’t report it for malicious reasons so they’d probably understand.

You do you but I would call them and disclose personally. It is the honest thing to do