Following SN2ed Schedule. Is it fine to not take break days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ash366

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to follow SN2ed schedule and following it completely. For the EK 1001, it says to do 1/3 of Chapter questions but I was thinking of doing all of them. To be able to completely finish the schedule prior to my exam (Jan 23), I was wondering if it would be fine to not take break days off. What do you think. Thank you.

Also for the AAMC MCAT Self assessment verbal, I printed them before and used them but I want to do them again since I took those a long time ago. Sadly, My laptop hardrive died and the Self assessment verbal got deleted. So I only have the verbal that contains all my marks on it etc. What do you recommend because I need the MOST practice on verbal and for now Im using BR, PR,EK,Kaplan verbals. I wanted to do the self assessments towards the end since they mimic the real exam.

Members don't see this ad.

I took 1 break day for entire Sn2ed schedule so it's possible.

You need a lot of discipline and you should try to work a little ahead.

I was always about .5-1.5 days ahead of schedule. A few times I fell a half-day or so behind but since I was generally slightly ahead, it was okay.

Its really hard to be ahead of schedule since the days where we have to re-read Chapters from every subject all over takes a very long time for me since I try to read very slowly and understand everything completely. I cant finish reading all of these subjects in one day so I'll be behind. Will be even more behind once I start all of the EK1001. Thats why Im thinking I shouldnt take any break day.

I, and many others, too found the re-reads to be a little too time-consuming. Instead, you might want to just review your notes that you took while going through the chapters for the week. If there's a chapter that you feel really iffy about, do extra 1001 questions and maybe re-read that chapter instead of just going over your notes. Don't worry if you don't have everything down at this point as you'll do most of your learning by reviewing the passages.

I highly suggest that you take the scheduled break days or at least take it very easily on those days. Burn out is real, and you don't want to be dealing with it later on in the schedule.

I would skim for the re-reads or just read your notes. Most would agree that the most important part is the practice problems anyway. You could just review the practice problems you did for 1/3 before completing your 2/3. It depends on the person and what they find most helpful. If you decide that you really need/want to re-read the whole chapter--go ahead, but just don't skip out on the passages.

As for skipping break days, that's also up to you. I felt the same way and decided to skip a lot of my break days as they were scheduled but occasionally I would take an unscheduled break day or use my break day to catch up with material I was lagging on. Don't underestimate the importance of taking time off for yourself here and there.. especially once you get to the practice test stage and your scores may not be making the progress that you would like. At that point it's important to take a day off every once in a while since it is a very mentally challenging process.