Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, as a bit of a distraction from FREAKING OUT ABOUT APPLICATIONS, I thought it might be nice to have a thread about a different topic: food.
Now, I love to cook, but after a long day of class/work/whatever, it doesn't always sound so great. (And I can only imagine that it gets worse in vet school!)
However, eating out is less healthy, more expensive, and sometimes isn't even any less time-consuming depending on where you go.
Money is tight right now, so I decided I would like to challenge myself: no eating out for me (or the husb)... FOR A MONTH. (Except on Wednesdays when I have class right after work until 9:30pm, so it can't be helped.)
I'm also keen on trying to make a bunch of meals in advance and freeze them (so a one-day cook-a-thon to make a lot of frozen meals ready to go in the oven whenever). So far, I have lasagna, chicken enchiladas, pasta ziti, beef stroganoff, some other chicken shiz, and a stockpile of meatballs planned. What else can be frozen easily? What about quick meals? Crock-pot or slow cooker meals that I can leave all day? Share your culinary secrets! 🙂
P.S. I eat my share of PBJs, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, etc. but that stuff gets old and sometimes I need MEAT, lol.
Now, I love to cook, but after a long day of class/work/whatever, it doesn't always sound so great. (And I can only imagine that it gets worse in vet school!)
However, eating out is less healthy, more expensive, and sometimes isn't even any less time-consuming depending on where you go.
Money is tight right now, so I decided I would like to challenge myself: no eating out for me (or the husb)... FOR A MONTH. (Except on Wednesdays when I have class right after work until 9:30pm, so it can't be helped.)
I'm also keen on trying to make a bunch of meals in advance and freeze them (so a one-day cook-a-thon to make a lot of frozen meals ready to go in the oven whenever). So far, I have lasagna, chicken enchiladas, pasta ziti, beef stroganoff, some other chicken shiz, and a stockpile of meatballs planned. What else can be frozen easily? What about quick meals? Crock-pot or slow cooker meals that I can leave all day? Share your culinary secrets! 🙂
P.S. I eat my share of PBJs, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, etc. but that stuff gets old and sometimes I need MEAT, lol.

I'm pretty sure I'd rather live in a cardboard box and eat roadkill and tree bark than live with my mother again. I love her, I really do, but we get on each other's every last nerve 75% of the time.