Food poisoning the day of an interview, help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

disneydork

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I’ve been up for the last 3 hours with vomiting and diarrhea, tmi I know but this isn’t just nerves. Has anyone else survived an interview with food poisoning or the flu? Should I inform someone when I get there or keep quiet and hope for the best? I have to be at the school in an hour, any advice would be much appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I would tell my interviewers ... don’t shake their hands and give it to them! Also would want them to be aware in the event that you need to step out. Get some Pepto ASAP. I’m so sorry this is happening to you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This might be late but take 2 imodium to start -- it usually is very quick acting and will help you get through the interview...

Thanks guys! I did not survive the interview, I popped two gravol at a pharmacist’s suggestion but it wore off within 90 minutes. I made it halfway through the school tour before almost passing out! I’m currently in the hospital getting IV fluids. I’m bummed to have missed it because the school had a great setup pairing us with current students for the whole day, but I do still get to do my interview over Skype when I get home. Not exactly the first impression I wanted to make but at least I still have a shot :oops:

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks guys! I did not survive the interview, I popped two gravol at a pharmacist’s suggestion but it wore off within 90 minutes. I made it halfway through the school tour before almost passing out! I’m currently in the hospital getting IV fluids. I’m bummed to have missed it because the school had a great setup pairing us with current students for the whole day, but I do still get to do my interview over Skype when I get home. Not exactly the first impression I wanted to make but at least I still have a shot :oops:
It shows you tried. You’re in the hospital currently. You showed up to the interview despite the fact that you should’ve been in the hospital. If anything, that shows some damn good dedication.

Reactions: 3 users
Ah, that bites. Sorry. I'm glad that they're allowing you to interview over Skype later, though!