foot and ankle fellowships

Started by hematosis
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hematosis

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if Pods are able to enter ortho fellowships?
I would also love to see some statistics about what % of orthos enter f/a fellowships. I heard around 8-9% of graduating orthopods enter f/a .

Thanks
 
Not if it's through an AOFAS program.

Are you sure about this?
After some research, it appears that Dr. James Cottom completed a 1 year AOFAS Fellowship.

source: http://soa.md/physicians

The following programs also said that their AOFAS programs were open to Podiatrists: Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Center (Grant / OSU) in Columbus, OH and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA

I was also able to find many non AOFAS Orthopaedic fellowship programs open to podiatrist (Rubin Institute, Dr. Paley of Baltimore MD)


Why would they be? Can MDs apply to Podiatry residency?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure about residency. My question was concerning fellowship programs.