For All DO's that are going to get a AGME 3 year residency and need internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stable asystole

I think I smell a M&M
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone is in the same boat I was in last year I have some information that might be useful.

More and more DO's are wanting to get a AGME residency but want a AOA internship so that they can still be "blessed" by the AOA. I found this is what I wanted for my anesthesia residency. If this is you as well read on.

I am an intern at an AOA site, but I will be doing a AGME anesthesia residency. My site still has some intern slots, and I have talked to the Director of Medical Education and ANY DO THAT IS TRYING TO GET AN AGME RESIDENCY FIRST AND WILL TRY TO GET A AOA INTERNSHIP LATER, CONTACT ME AND I WILL SEND YOU INFORMATION ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM AND YOU CAN SEND IN YOUR APPLICATION INFORMATION BEFORE THE AGME MATCH. This way as soon as the match is over you can call up this program as say "I need an intern slot" and all the paperwork is done.

The site where I am doing my internship is a great site, very laid back, and not malignant at all. This is a great site to do a internship and not be killed, and still learn a lot. I will be happy to tell anyone who is interested more about the program.

Good luck to everyone who going through the match.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone is in the same boat I was in last year I have some information that might be useful.

More and more DO's are wanting to get a AGME residency but want a AOA internship so that they can still be "blessed" by the AOA. I found this is what I wanted for my anesthesia residency. If this is you as well read on.

I am an intern at an AOA site, but I will be doing a AGME anesthesia residency. My site still has some intern slots, and I have talked to the Director of Medical Education and ANY DO THAT IS TRYING TO GET AN AGME RESIDENCY FIRST AND WILL TRY TO GET A AOA INTERNSHIP LATER, CONTACT ME AND I WILL SEND YOU INFORMATION ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM AND YOU CAN SEND IN YOUR APPLICATION INFORMATION BEFORE THE AGME MATCH. This way as soon as the match is over you can call up this program as say "I need an intern slot" and all the paperwork is done.

The site where I am doing my internship is a great site, very laid back, and not malignant at all. This is a great site to do a internship and not be killed, and still learn a lot. I will be happy to tell anyone who is interested more about the program.

Good luck to everyone who going through the match.:thumbup:

Yup, a darn good site!!

Wook

Just a reminder to any DO 4th years who need a internship or want family medicine or internal medicine, I am in Samaritan Medical Center in Watertown NY. The program is pretty good, lots of hands on, not too much call, and great Med Ed dept. If your interested, we have a couple of slots open. I am an intern and I have had a pretty good year.

I'm a DO 4th year who interested in IM spot. I sent my application in to your program and many others and haven't matched yet. :(