for all the desis out there

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shuzee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone considering going tp Pak/India to do medicine ? i just moved from Pakistan and i didnt know american students do that??!! is it hard to get residencies and pass boards after that??!! if its not, what are the schools they go to??

Members don't see this ad.

shuzee said:
Is anyone considering going tp Pak/India to do medicine ? i just moved from Pakistan and i didnt know american students do that??!! is it hard to get residencies and pass boards after that??!! if its not, what are the schools they go to??

The only international school that has some recognition outside is Aga Khan Institute.

TheElephant said:
The only international school that has some recognition outside is Aga Khan Institute.

i think also the all india institute or sumthin like tat...

Members don't see this ad :)
TheElephant said:

I would agree with you. Agha Khan is the best school in Pakistan as far as med is concerned. i attended it for six months before i came here. but i always thought foriegn med school graduates had trouble with residencies. that was my only reason to leave Aga Khan. i hope i didnt make too big a mistake!

my family's friends who are doctors from pakistan got their residencies finally after 10 years or so staying in america. i never really appreciated their intelligence and hardwork until i realized that they work probably 10 times as much compared to enter america and pass the boards (which often entails having high board scores upper 99th percentile someone told me once its crazy)

and the competition is so tough because in pakistan, doctors don't make that much more money relative to other jobs so the competition is very fierce.

Hermit MMood said:
my family's friends who are doctors from pakistan got their residencies finally after 10 years or so staying in america. i never really appreciated their intelligence and hardwork until i realized that they work probably 10 times as much compared to enter america and pass the boards (which often entails having high board scores upper 99th percentile someone told me once its crazy)

and the competition is so tough because in pakistan, doctors don't make that much more money relative to other jobs so the competition is very fierce.
best is king edward medical college
aga khan is too much expensive
king edward is more than aga khan bez my cousion who is in aga khan siad that thier teachers told them that kind edward is best in pak
i am from india
bye jjee

your English is horrible and I hope you stay is Pakistan/India for the rest of your life. yeah, I said it.

flash said:
your English is horrible and I hope you stay is Pakistan/India for the rest of your life. yeah, I said it.
o really
i know my eng is dangeous but wht is new abt it
hmmmm
i love to speak broken eng
lalallalalla
looooo
ummmmmmmmmmmmmaahhhhhhhhhhhh
jeleous

flash said:

THAT IS A REALLY HORRIBLE THING TO SAY TO SOMEONE>>>U CANT MEAN IT. I m sure that the poor girl is hurt.

sohana said:
o really
i know my eng is dangeous but wht is new abt it
hmmmm
i love to speak broken eng
lalallalalla
looooo
ummmmmmmmmmmmmaahhhhhhhhhhhh
jeleous

Now thats what I call...Talking with pride.

parasiteatwork said:
ankien band kar ka jo aik chehra nazar aya wo tumhe ho a sanam

parasiteatwork said:
ankien band kar ka jo aik chehra nazar aya wo tumhe ho a sanam
tum he jane jana mera pyar ka sapna
dil na mera mana dilbar tumhe apne
,mare chahto sa tum na karna kabi aitraz

Who's the most famous desi in the US?

(answer: Desi Arnaz)

Shinken said:
Who's the most famous desi in the US?

(answer: Desi Arnaz)

dayam, i could have sworn it was me.....

shuzee said:
I was born and raised in the US... then went back to India for med school...
Taken and cleared step 1, taken step 2 CK and CS... waiting for my scoresm but feel relatively confident...
All of my friends (14 Americans my year) that have cleared their steps have gotten residencies... no one did NOT match... and it pretty much played out that the ones who did better in school there did better on their boards here...
They're doing residencies at Cook County, Henry Ford hosp, St. Luke's New York, etc... pretty decent programs...
But honestly... for anyone in the US that asks me... I tell them it's better to go to the Carribean now... two years there, then rotations in the states, closer flight-wise, and loans are easier...
Just my opinion...

Dramkinola said:
I was born and raised in the US... then went back to India for med school...
Taken and cleared step 1, taken step 2 CK and CS... waiting for my scoresm but feel relatively confident...
All of my friends (14 Americans my year) that have cleared their steps have gotten residencies... no one did NOT match... and it pretty much played out that the ones who did better in school there did better on their boards here...
They're doing residencies at Cook County, Henry Ford hosp, St. Luke's New York, etc... pretty decent programs...
But honestly... for anyone in the US that asks me... I tell them it's better to go to the Carribean now... two years there, then rotations in the states, closer flight-wise, and loans are easier...
Just my opinion...

thats good to know..im starting school in india this year...so im glad that everyone that u know passed their steps and got residencies in preety decent programs