For all who have had interviews, were most of you verified first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sng33

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of us who have had, or have scheduled interviews, were you verified first? If so how long after verification did you get your interview request from school.
Ex. Verified 10/9
Columbia 10/20
Ny Med 10/23

Members don't see this ad.

I actually didn't get verified until I'd already interviewed like, 8 times, so I'm pretty sure that they are working around the crappy AMCAS system right now... good luck!

chunkee

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my 3 offers before getting verified.

I received two interview offers before verification. I was just verified Thursday, so we'll see if more follow.

I recieved most of my interview invitations before my application was verified. I think that schools are now just overflowing with applications that it will take time for them to get back to you.

I think very few schools are letting verification hold them back because they know that they will be done eventually. Some are even planning on offering admissions contingent upon verification. I have done 2 interviews and have 3 more scheduled and am still patiently waiting for those little red Xs to tell me that I'm verified.

Nine interview invites before I was verified last week and none since. It would seem that this isn't holding them back. Of the schools I applied to, only Stanford is waiting for verification.

The b**ch is that since GETTING verified, I've gotten no invites except WUStL. Before I was doing a decent pace! --Trek

I've already interviewed and been accepted at one school, and am interviewing at another next week. Verified??? What's that? As far as I know, once AMCAS sent out my app they forgot it.