For Fun: New Year's Resolutions

Started by Virginger
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RAWR! Just got a ticket for not having my vehicle sticker on. It wouldn't stick on so I had it in the car pouch and was going to try again in the morning and they gave me a ticket! Did I break my #5 resolution? YES! I now have to go do 50 sit ups and I'm totally contesting this ticket. What a great morning to the 2nd day of 2013.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My New Year's Resolution... get a PAID position sometime soon. Anywhere, doing anything. Though preferably with animals in some aspect... Oh, and stop being a workaholic. Those seem kind of contradictory though, huh?

Guess I'll figure it out.
 
I'm going to drink my 6-8 glasses of water everyday this year 🙂 I've sucked at that and it think it would benefit every aspect of my life and health!
 
Better late than never, eh? :laugh:

1) Clean my house and stay on top of it this year! Having a puppy around should help with that. 😉 (what I don't put away/clean is fair game for puppy chewing!) Also, I am slowly getting it look like an actual house. Getting nice furniture/grown up stuff.

2) Actually drink my Shakeology every day.

3) Eat healthier-should be easier once I get my kitchen clean and in order. I tend to cook more at home if my kitchen is clean. Otherwise, I tend to do this, 'oh, the pans are dirty, I don't want to clean them right now, guess I'll just eat out!'

4) Walk almost every day. Puppy should also help with this. 😛

5)Lose weight. See numbers 2, 3 and 4.

6)Schedule a meeting with University admissions/financial aid!

7)Continue looking for an evening full-time job(I have 2 part-time jobs that = about 50 hours a week, but I need something more consistent in hours where I can also go to school during the day.)
 
Agreed. I've never really made real New Year's resolutions, but there are some things I'd like to improve. I'd like to tone up. I'm probably one of those girls that most of you would hate IRL. I'm skinny, but skinny in a way that I don't have much muscle mass. I don't need to workout a lot to get there but it's the consistent part that gets me. I've worked out maybe half a semester's worth of days (sprinkled throughout). I would work out for like 3-5 days and then take a break about that long.

The term is "skinny-fat", I've been there. The only way for me to maintain a healthy weight is if I exercise. I go to these amazing Spin Sculpt classes ... they're an hour long and we're on and off the bike with weights. I actually lose weight if I don't exercise, it's stupid 👎

I read it briefly in someone's previous post, but... If you're on a balanced diet and you're relatively active, heck, BE HAPPY with what you look like and who you are! I'll admit that this is easy for me to say because I'm a runner and I eat a plant-based diet. So, my weight is not a problem. But am I lean and tall? Uhh, nope. Do I look like a model? Heck no and proud of it! I'm on the shorter side and I build muscle really easily. So despite my exercise/diet, I end up looking more like a Pit Bull than a Greyhound if you catch my drift. And that's perfectly a-okay with me! Really! Despite the media, the waif-thin models, the advertisements, I am proud of my body.

I totally agree. If you eat healthy and exercise and you feel good then be happy with what you look like!! 👍 👍
 
Better late than never, eh? :laugh:

1) Clean my house and stay on top of it this year! Having a puppy around should help with that. 😉 (what I don't put away/clean is fair game for puppy chewing!) Also, I am slowly getting it look like an actual house. Getting nice furniture/grown up stuff.

2) Actually drink my Shakeology every day.

3) Eat healthier-should be easier once I get my kitchen clean and in order. I tend to cook more at home if my kitchen is clean. Otherwise, I tend to do this, 'oh, the pans are dirty, I don't want to clean them right now, guess I'll just eat out!'

4) Walk almost every day. Puppy should also help with this. 😛

5)Lose weight. See numbers 2, 3 and 4.

6)Schedule a meeting with University admissions/financial aid!

7)Continue looking for an evening full-time job(I have 2 part-time jobs that = about 50 hours a week, but I need something more consistent in hours where I can also go to school during the day.)

The word shakeology just makes me think of ice cream and milkshakes. The science of making delicious milkshakes.

And, eh, you're only a week late. Nyanko's resolution has probably been broken by now.
 
The word shakeology just makes me think of ice cream and milkshakes. The science of making delicious milkshakes.

And, eh, you're only a week late. Nyanko's resolution has probably been broken by now.

They are soooooo good! 👍 Everyone should google it. You can make so many things with it. It's a meal replacement/health shake powder. It IS a little spendy at $124 a month, but not too bad. Comes out to about $4 a day, which most people spend more on one meal eating out anyways.

This weekend I am hoping to make No Bake cookies with it. My friend brought some to work and they were delicious! And they are good for you! :laugh:

I majorly slipped in December and only had it around 2x's a week. 🙁 When I have it every day, my energy is amazing! 😍