For Later Submitters (Late July-Aug): What have YOU heard from schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I just got an app complete email from Western..... which is weird that it came so late since I got app complete emails a few weeks ago from other schools....

Members don't see this ad.

me too...says to wait about 2-3 weeks

I got the same email yesterday. Funny thing is that I have been under review with NYU for two weeks already according to aadsas. Also, this morning Marquette was updated on aadsas as under review.

New update for this afternoon....just got an email from temple requesting supplemental with fee. Thank goodness their supplemental doesnt require short essays because I'm so tired of those.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today was a busy day on aadsas. I received an app complete update from Creighton and an under review update from UoP. Marquette also updated stating that they are in request of additional information. I also heard earlier in the week that I am complete at ASDOH and Midwestern. Ahh the waiting game is beginning to kill me!

received ucla secondary

has anyone from August mailings received any email after the application receipt email from BU yet? Im worried as my app was mailed Aug 24th and under supplemental, there is still nothing as well as no status...

has anyone from August mailings received any email after the application receipt email from BU yet? Im worried as my app was mailed Aug 24th and under supplemental, there is still nothing as well as no status...

My app was mailed Aug 10th and my status for BU was updated on Aug 27th as "Received/Under Review." Also, the "Status Defined" column says this:

"Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is currently being reviewed by the committee. At this stage we are determining if your application is eligible for interview. Generally, interviewed candidates have an overall cumulative GPA both total and science of a 3.3 or above and their DAT academic average and total science is at 20 or above. This is a general guide; many other factors come into our consideration of a candidate: community service, experience in dentistry, motivation toward dentistry, letters of recommendation, applicant essay, credit hours/course load and competitiveness of undergraduate institution, etc. Your application may remain in this status throughout the entire cycle as we will continually review it against the total applicant pool. We will contact you via email as soon as any further decision has been made regarding your application. We have a lengthy review process and ask for your patience during this time."

Hope this helps!

hey skylark...did you get an email saying that your application was complete after an application receipt email or has there been an AADSAS status change? My app was mailed on 24th and then i received an app receipt email but since then havent heard from them...

yo dents, i called BU on 9/4 and they told me they have all my stuff and are going to forward it to review. i never received confirmation emails. you should try calling them to be sure. i have yet to hear a decision from them yet; i wonder how much longer i need to wait. ahhh!!!

TO EVERYONE ELSE: any good news from this group yet?

My app was sent on 8/10 and I got two interview invites in the past week! OSU (instate) and Maryland!

Unfortunatly, both of them were scheduled for dates in this 6 day period of time where I am going out of the country for work on a trip that has been planned for months and I can't get out of!! (of course!)

Maryland let me reschedule, no problem, but OSU does not allow for rescheduling so they put my application back into consideration for the next set of interview offers (which will be next week according to their office!)

I also posted in the other thread, but I'm not positive where I belong since my app was completed much later than I submitted (due to 1 LOR). Anyway, just got a UNLV invite today! Pretty excited. =) It's my first one.

i am in the same boat, but i did just find out yesterday that my committee LOR was sent out on sept 1st. i don't know why AADSAS took so long to update my status when other people from my school had theirs mailed at the same time and they got confirmation on like the 4th :(. Anyway, BU is making me nervous, when i tried to call them i kept getting put on hold and finally gave up. i had to go to the bank to see if they accepted the money when i paid online.

Well I was mailed 8/10 and received two invites in the past 2 days... One from Louisville and one from Marquette! In the past few days I have also become complete at vcu, ucsf, uop, Midwestern. Asdoh, ohsu, and creighton!

i just got off the phone with NYU regarding my scores and apparently they still hadnt received them:(...but another thing i found out is that August 24th mailings will not be sent for reviewing until another month!:(

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone had their NYU status changed from waiting for additional info to complete yet?

if so when did u submit and how long did it take them to give you an app complete msg?

arghh this waiting game is killing me

my app was mailed 8/10 but nyu status hasn't changed in ages..

just wondering how much progress everyone else had

has anyone had their NYU status changed from waiting for additional info to complete yet?

if so when did u submit and how long did it take them to give you an app complete msg?

arghh this waiting game is killing me

my app was mailed 8/10 but nyu status hasn't changed in ages..

just wondering how much progress everyone else had

My AADSAS NYU status is received/under review. I got an app complete email from them on Sept. 8th. My application was mailed on 8/10 also. Try calling them to see what you are missing.

NYU has been waiting for my DAT scores. I sent my scores on the 14th of August. They should be there by now and my status is still waiting for additional information today. I am going to call them this week. I have a feeling it has to do with my one science LOR that is being mailed on monday. Ugh.

NYU has been waiting for my DAT scores. I sent my scores on the 14th of August. They should be there by now and my status is still waiting for additional information today. I am going to call them this week. I have a feeling it has to do with my one science LOR that is being mailed on monday. Ugh.

Yeah, that sucks about the last LOR (btw, just replied to your pm). My last LOR took 2 months longer than the dentist said it would...

Have any of you 8/24 mailings (or after) heard back from NYU other than the under review/waiting for additional info status? Also, have they cashed your check?

How about BU? I called them today and they said they haven't received my payment even though I sent it on the 4th(electronically). They said to call back within a week if they don't respond:confused:

Have any of you 8/24 mailings (or after) heard back from NYU other than the under review/waiting for additional info status? Also, have they cashed your check?

How about BU? I called them today and they said they haven't received my payment even though I sent it on the 4th(electronically). They said to call back within a week if they don't respond:confused:

They cashed my check but other than that I have the same status as you.

Jman when did you send your check? I sent mine on the 24th, but I'm wondering why they haven't cashed it. I called them once like a week ago to see what I was missing on my application, and they just said I have to wait until they get to my batch and then they'll let me know.

Also for USC, when I check their link it says my DAT score date is July 1st. I took my exam for the first time on July 30th. How can this be? Is it like not updated or something? Anyone else with the same problem?

My AADSAS NYU status is received/under review. I got an app complete email from them on Sept. 8th. My application was mailed on 8/10 also. Try calling them to see what you are missing.

i just called nyu and they told me they have everything they need right now.

i guess it took a little longer for my app fee to be mailed.

they told me i prob have to wait about 2 more weeks... argghhh :mad:

Got a letter from USC. It stated my app. completed the preliminary review and I will remain under consideration until the class is finalized in early August...which doesn't make sense to me sense this is September now...

Then the letter gave me some background on their previous applications, 3.2GPA, 18AA, 18TS, 19PAT, EC, etc. It also kept emphasizing on the challenges of picking qualified applicants out of the large applicant pool but they will try their best.

Finally in the end they concluded that if any decision is made they will contact me. I'm not sure what to make of it but at least I didn't get cut on the preliminary review? haha.

Jman when did you send your check? I sent mine on the 24th, but I'm wondering why they haven't cashed it. I called them once like a week ago to see what I was missing on my application, and they just said I have to wait until they get to my batch and then they'll let me know.

Also for USC, when I check their link it says my DAT score date is July 1st. I took my exam for the first time on July 30th. How can this be? Is it like not updated or something? Anyone else with the same problem?

I sent my fee on 8/8 and it was deposited on 8/31.

bennijai: I believe they mean August, as in August 2010. In other words, you will be in the running until the very end.

bennijai: I believe they mean August, as in August 2010. In other words, you will be in the running until the very end.

Oh I see, so I'll just be under review throughout the whole year. That's nice to know. Feels like a rejection.

just got a status update from nova on aadsas...."under review"

nova people: does anyone know how much time it takes to receive an interview from the point that the aadsas status was updated

nova people: does anyone know how much time it takes to receive an interview from the point that the aadsas status was updated

I've had the "under review" status from Nova since 8/26... Still waiting on a decision.

I've had the "under review" status from Nova since 8/26... Still waiting on a decision.

I've had it since 8/14. Called a few days ago to see what was up, and they said they were going to make the decision that day. :scared:

My AADSAS was sent out on 8/24....Nova was marked as "under review" 8/26 and I just got an update yesterday 9/16 "invited for interview".

lol...did anyone else just get an email from NYU asking us to be patient and stay calm...

Got a letter from USC. It stated my app. completed the preliminary review and I will remain under consideration until the class is finalized in early August...which doesn't make sense to me sense this is September now...

Then the letter gave me some background on their previous applications, 3.2GPA, 18AA, 18TS, 19PAT, EC, etc. It also kept emphasizing on the challenges of picking qualified applicants out of the large applicant pool but they will try their best.

Finally in the end they concluded that if any decision is made they will contact me. I'm not sure what to make of it but at least I didn't get cut on the preliminary review? haha.

early august of 2010

Have any of you received an email from NYU telling you specifically which materials they're missing? I received a notice indicating that they have yet to receive all of my LORs. My application was mailed on 8/10, and at the time, three of my four letters had been submitted and should have been included with the first mailing; however, NYU has only two of the letters.

Also, did any of you apply to WVU? I received an email to let me know they received my application, but the school isn't even listed in the school decisions section in AADSAS.

I submitted 8/12 for WVU and received a secondary from WVU about two weeks ago. It was just basic information and I mailed it out the very next day. They just put up my status yesterday saying my application was "Received/Under Review"

Have any of you received an email from NYU telling you specifically which materials they're missing? I received a notice indicating that they have yet to receive all of my LORs. My application was mailed on 8/10, and at the time, three of my four letters had been submitted and should have been included with the first mailing; however, NYU has only two of the letters.

Also, did any of you apply to WVU? I received an email to let me know they received my application, but the school isn't even listed in the school decisions section in AADSAS.

Woohoo! I was mailed 8/10 and just received my 3rd interview-- to Midwestern! I have Louisville in SLC this Friday, Marquette on October 12th, and Midwestern on December 6th.

I didn't even get an e-mail it was just posted on the interview scheduling portion of the MWU website!

Just recieved the "Thank you for your interest..." email from LLU

Maybe this is a good sign?

have any of you 8.24 mailing people received any invites? it has been a month and I'm going crazyyyyy.

have any of you 8.24 mailing people received any invites? it has been a month and I'm going crazyyyyy.
Hey,
I was mailed on 8/10 and just barely started receiving invites last week. I would imagine that you still have 1-2 weeks before you will start hearing anything :mad:

I am from the 8.24 mailing...just received update letter from Case...I got put on hold :( until i retake the DAT....Is hold a bad sign? or does it mean the only thing holding me back is the DAT?

8/24 mailing and I have 5 interviews already! I'm shocked to honest....when I first applied 3 years ago I didn't get any interviews.
UF
Temple
ASDOH
Midwestern
NOVA

8/24 mailing and I have 5 interviews already! I'm shocked to honest....when I first applied 3 years ago I didn't get any interviews.
UF
Temple
ASDOH
Midwestern
NOVA

Congrats on the interviews! well out of the schools you mentioned, I have only applied to temple. They haven't cashed my check yet, so I wonder if that is why I haven't heard anything from them.

I am from the 8.24 mailing...just received update letter from Case...I got put on hold :( until i retake the DAT....Is hold a bad sign? or does it mean the only thing holding me back is the DAT?

I don't think it's a bad sign if you have indicated on your application that you are retaking the DAT! They technically won't really consider you until they have your new scores. If you haven't indicated that you are retaking then that's something to worry about...