for pharmacists already working

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aannnnaa10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi!

i'm a graduating student of pharmacy in the philippines and i really want to ask help from any of you. i guess i just want to secure a future for myself the moment i graduate and get my license..

do you happen to know if the pharmacy you are working in hire people from abroad?

i have absolutely no problem living in small towns or being relocated.

thank you so much in advance.

and i am really really hoping for a positive response. it's really my dream experiencing life in the US and you guys, well i guess im really jealous you are the luckiest people i know.

Members don't see this ad.

hi!

i'm a graduating student of pharmacy in the philippines and i really want to ask help from any of you. i guess i just want to secure a future for myself the moment i graduate and get my license..

do you happen to know if the pharmacy you are working in hire people from abroad?

i have absolutely no problem living in small towns or being relocated.

thank you so much in advance.

and i am really really hoping for a positive response. it's really my dream experiencing life in the US and you guys, well i guess im really jealous you are the luckiest people i know.

Please only ask your question one time. Can one of you fabulous mods merge these threads?

after seeing your response charfdorn, i just felt compelled to log in and tell you to be a little more courteous. idk, you just seem unnecessarily irritated over a relatively minute problem. so what if someone posts a question more than once. in the grand scheme of things, does it really affect SDN or you all that much? furthermore, the OP did ask for a positive response, and yours was rather negative imho, even if his forum etiquette was not impeccable. if you are from the US, it was just bad taste imho to give a curt response after the OP just complimented the US by admitting he was jealous.

to aannnnaa10, i'm not really going to go into detail. i only see one question mark in your post, and i will answer it: yes i know that both pharmacies i work for hire foreigners. i work for walmart pharmacy and duke hospital pharmacy. i will tell you though that there are a lot of extra steps you have to take to get your degree converted, and on top of that surpluses are emerging in some areas of this country which will only increase your difficulty in trying to work here.

Members don't see this ad :)
after seeing your response charfdorn, i just felt compelled to log in and tell you to be a little more courteous. idk, you just seem unnecessarily irritated over a relatively minute problem. so what if someone posts a question more than once. in the grand scheme of things, does it really affect SDN or you all that much? furthermore, the OP did ask for a positive response, and yours was rather negative imho, even if his forum etiquette was not impeccable. if you are from the US, it was just bad taste imho to give a curt response after the OP just complimented the US by admitting he was jealous.

to aannnnaa10, i'm not really going to go into detail. i only see one question mark in your post, and i will answer it: yes i know that both pharmacies i work for hire foreigners. i work for walmart pharmacy and duke hospital pharmacy. i will tell you though that there are a lot of extra steps you have to take to get your degree converted, and on top of that surpluses are emerging in some areas of this country which will only increase your difficulty in trying to work here.

Forum rules apply to everyone, including international / new members. A welcome to SDN would have been nice though...

To the OP: Cutubaman is correct on both counts. Thr process to transfer your license from the Philippines to America varies by state. You will have to look at the board of pharmacy for the particular state you are interested in. Contacting a company's human resources department may also be a good place to start (large corporations only though). Licensing will be the major hurdle, but actually getting a job will require effort as well.

Which state did you have in mind? What about companies? We can help you more from there.

As a fellow Filipino, I hope you get the opportunity to work here in the US.

Really is state dependent.....I know in SC you have to complete a certain number of hrs shadowing or working under a pharmacist here to be able to practice in my state....

I have met several pharmacists from other countries that have gotten their degree accepted in the US.