For those of us waiting for Oct. 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Grats! I remember when you were worrying about taking the MCAT. Where did you get in?
Haha SDN bonds run deep. UC Davis!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to one of my top choices!!!

Acceptances started rolling out for the school 3 hours before mine and let me tell you that was the worst part of the entire wait lol

Reactions: 11 users
OMG! Congrats, Premeditated!!! You did it! Now you can relax until classes next fall

Lol thank you! Relaxation! Going to withdraw from my 4 other interviews as well. So happy.

Members don't see this ad :)
The first news I got today was a waitlist, which sucked. But then just now, an acceptance rolled in! ACCEPTED TO MEDICAL SCHOOL!

Reactions: 17 users
Just switching my label to "Medical Student (Accepted)" was oddly very satisfying haha

Reactions: 15 users
Accepted :) ! My God... the feeling...

Reactions: 14 users
I am not applying this cycle, but I just want to tell you all most sincerely- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

So amazing. I'm actually getting slightly emotional thinking how happy so many of you are.
Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
Ooookay I have to leave for work in five minutes and I would really appreciate it if they would post my decision before I have to go...99% sure it's a deferral at this point but I just need closure.

Phone just rang. It's a number I don't recognize. "This is an incredible announcement from Expedia! Your telephone number has been selected for a $990 credit towards your next trip."

*hangs up and falls into a deep depression*

Reactions: 17 users
Wow all these acceptances. I'm so happy for everyone!

Phone just rang. It's a number I don't recognize. "This is an incredible announcement from Expedia! Your telephone number has been selected for a $990 credit towards your next trip."

*hangs up and falls into a deep depression*

But OMG a $990 credit! :laugh: Where ya gonna go??

In other news, still haven't heard back, no one from my interview date has. The lady on the phone who told me all september interviewees would get a decision today lied.

Members don't see this ad :)

In other news, still haven't heard back, no one from my interview date has. The lady on the phone who told me all september interviewees would get a decision today lied.
Man, that's rough. Here's hoping you hear soon.

Received my first (and only) decision today, a post-interview rejection. This one stung because the school had one of the highest post-interview acceptance rates... I thought I at least had a fighting chance at the wait list.

I pretty much don't hear back from any other schools until November 15th. Here's to another month of anxiety~

ACCEPTED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 9:30 pm my phone rings, was NOT expecting that AT ALL!!!!!

Reactions: 13 users

Sorry, man. You were one of my best buddies in this thread. It'll work out for you soon I'm sure. :)

It'll probably come today. One of the places I interviewed, in early september, Said we would all hear something back on October 15th.....silence.... so it'll probably be today! Hoping for the best for you, Lannister!

ACCEPTED TO MY TOP CHOICE!!!! It was yesterday, but I just got the official email. This all feels like a dream!

Congratulations to everyone else who got in and good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 13 users
Still no news for me. I give up. +pissed+

I am so tired of hearing be patient!

Reactions: 2 users
Received my first (and only) decision today, a post-interview rejection. This one stung because the school had one of the highest post-interview acceptance rates... I thought I at least had a fighting chance at the wait list.

I pretty much don't hear back from any other schools until November 15th. Here's to another month of anxiety~
Don't lose hope - November 15 is closer than it has been all year, haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted :D
Waiting for the big one in Dec but gosh has this lifted weight off my shoulders.
EVERYONE CONGRATULATIONS AND FOR THOSE STILL WAITING, KEEP THOSE HEADS HIGH!
:biglove::biglove:

Reactions: 5 users
This may sound like a stupid question, and as I'm still waiting for an acceptance call it's not quite relevant to me yet, but a girl can hope...
So, say you're accepted to a school that you really like but have a couple more interviews in the next few weeks to schools that you could possibly love... When do you have to give the school that accepted you your decision? If you don't give a school a decision soon enough, do they give away your spot?

This may sound like a stupid question, and as I'm still waiting for an acceptance call it's not quite relevant to me yet, but a girl can hope...
So, say you're accepted to a school that you really like but have a couple more interviews in the next few weeks to schools that you could possibly love... When do you have to give the school that accepted you your decision? If you don't give a school a decision soon enough, do they give away your spot?
no you have until April to decide. you just have to confirm your spot but it's not binding.

You can "hold a spot" by paying a fee, typically around $100 :rolleyes:

My mom can never remember her own email address so she gives away mine instead. I swear if I get another email from Yankee Candle... :rage::rage::rage::rage:

Reactions: 7 users
Just posting here so I can see my new Medical Student (Accepted) status. :)

Reactions: 10 users
Welp. Called up my school today and they told me it could be up to 6 more weeks until I get a decision. Seriously so annoyed. I'm fine with waiting but I'm just really ticked off that they specifically told me, TWICE, that I would get a decision on the 15th.

yay for (mis) setting the expectation >.<
I can imagine getting so ticked off to just withdraw the application :p
Welp. Called up my school today and they told me it could be up to 6 more weeks until I get a decision. Seriously so annoyed. I'm fine with waiting but I'm just really ticked off that they specifically told me, TWICE, that I would get a decision on the 15th.

Man this whole waiting thing is rough. So hard to stay positive. I've already prepared for the possibility of a career at Burger King. :help:

Man this whole waiting thing is rough. So hard to stay positive. I've already prepared for the possibility of a career at Burger King. :help:

Have it your way!

I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 other interviews from Sept, but having my first result be a wait-list is definitely poking holes in my confidence about interviewing. I've always been pretty good socially though (especially to superiors), but you never know...

yay for (mis) setting the expectation >.<
I can imagine getting so ticked off to just withdraw the application :p
Only if another school says 'yes' first, lol!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 other interviews from Sept, but having my first result be a wait-list is definitely poking holes in my confidence about interviewing. I've always been pretty good socially though (especially to superiors), but you never know...
I understand exactly how you feel. I didn't hear anything on Oct 15. Now I'm expecting a wait-list or rejection from the first school. Also wondering if I messed up my two other interviews... I thought I was an ok person.

You guys gotta post where you got accepted. Brag a little. I don't want to have to search through your MDapps to figure out where it was :annoyed:

Reactions: 3 users
You guys gotta post where you got accepted. Brag a little. I don't want to have to search through your MDapps to figure out where it was :annoyed:
In that case...Pritzker :biglove::biglove::biglove:

Reactions: 10 users
UChicago, Cincinnati and Loyola so far - very grateful.

Reactions: 7 users
Chicago and mayo! Better than the Christmas mornings of my youth haha.

Reactions: 6 users
Got my first acceptance today!!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users