For those of you who got in..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalist

carpe diem
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you put your awards/scholarship stuff on AADSAS application? I will be appyling for the 2007 cycle, and I have absolutely zero awards/scholarship that I consider to be strong accomplishments. Only recognitions I will have are latin/departmental honor in my major, which I will not receive until june of 2007! =( So my question is... has anyone gotten into dental school without awards/scholarships recognition? Is this a big deal that I don't have any of them?

Members don't see this ad.

Dentalist said:
Did you put your awards/scholarship stuff on AADSAS application? I will be appyling for the 2007 cycle, and I have absolutely zero awards/scholarship that I consider to be strong accomplishments. Only recognitions I will have are latin/departmental honor in my major, which I will not receive until june of 2007! =( So my question is... has anyone gotten into dental school without awards/scholarships recognition? Is this a big deal that I don't have any of them?

That's really no big deal. I have no awards/scholarships (kinda hard to do in a graduating class of 3,000+ people) and I got interview invitations/accepted at dental schools with no problems. Sure, if you have them it would be nice, but it's not an absolute requirement. As long as you have decent GPAs and good DAT's as well as some sort of dental experience, you'll get in somewhere.

Dentalist said:

Still list your latin honors; no one receives them until graduating anyway, so they expect you to list them if you've reached the requirements and think that you can maintain them until graduation.

Also, there are all kinds of awards that you may not have even realized you received.....did you get a prize for bowling? Or second place in a karaoke contest? Did you get recognized by a prof for an excellent paper which was used for future examples? I went to a large undergrad, and official, major awards were very rare. Dental schools love well-rounded people, anyway :D