For those of you who have taken the 2015 mcat, what study materials were the most effective?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mitrieD

Title

Members don't see this ad.

I used exclusively EK except for Psych and Soc, which EK is missing a lot of. I used Khan for that, but I didn't get through it all and my score reflected that (128).

Do you feel that Khan academy is sufficient with EK for the psych and soc section?

The short answer is "I don't know."

Basically I kind of realized late (about 1 month before the exam) just how much material was missing from EK. Khan seems to cover everything, but I find they aren't very succinct with the topics. That said, I wasn't able to go through all of the Khan material, so I do think there were things I missed. I distinctly remember seeing some things on the P/S section on the exam where I went "ok, I have no idea what 2 of the 4 options mean, because I have never seen those terms before". I think this is more about me missing some things in my studying rather than it not being in Khan, but again, you should ask this question specifically to someone who was able to go through all of the Khan materials for P/S.

Certainly I did learn some things from Khan that was useful in the end.