For those still Waiting....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxliteguy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those still on the waitlist and haven't been accepted elsewhere, how are you coping with the situation? What if you get accepted within 1 week before school starts? How do you get ready for this situation? Do you get all your shots ahead in advanced and send all your official transcripts just in case you get accepted? Do you pack your bags, and find a roommate just in case it happens?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are waitlisted by multiple schools, then its tough to prepare since each school has its own requirements.

I have a friend who was accepted to pharmacy school a few weeks before classes started. Fortunately, she was accepted to her in-state school meaning that the move was much easier than it would have been if she had gotten into an out-of-state school. From what I gathered from her, she just "went with the flow" by just working her behind off getting all the necessary documentation in place.

So, I would prepare by doing stuff that doesn't require a huge commitment of time, resources, or to someone else. For example, you don't want to give a potential roommate a false sense of security and leave them looking for another roommate impromptu should you not make it into pharmacy school. I suppose you could get your shots since you'll have to get them anyway regardless of whether or not you get in this year or the next.

To be frank though, it's rare to be accepted this late so you should worry about this coming academic year and admissions cycle. Getting into pharmacy school now or in August is the figurative cherry on top or gravy.;)

If you are waitlisted by multiple schools, then its tough to prepare since each school has its own requirements.

I have a friend who was accepted to pharmacy school a few weeks before classes started. Fortunately, she was accepted to her in-state school meaning that the move was much easier than it would have been if she had gotten into an out-of-state school. From what I gathered from her, she just "went with the flow" by just working her behind off getting all the necessary documentation in place.

So, I would prepare by doing stuff that doesn't require a huge commitment of time, resources, or to someone else. For example, you don't want to give a potential roommate a false sense of security and leave them looking for another roommate impromptu should you not make it into pharmacy school. I suppose you could get your shots since you'll have to get them anyway regardless of whether or not you get in this year or the next.

To be frank though, it's rare to be accepted this late so you should worry about this coming academic year and admissions cycle. Getting into pharmacy school now or in August is the figurative cherry on top or gravy.;)

so you're saying if i have all my shots right now and end up not getting accepted this year, I don't need to take my shots again next year if i get accepted next year?

Members don't see this ad :)
so you're saying if i have all my shots right now and end up not getting accepted this year, I don't need to take my shots again next year if i get accepted next year?

You don't need to get more shots because the inoculations last for a while. In general, the shots you need to take like Hep B are ones you didn't get due to changing requirements. You just need to provide documentation from the shots you get this year on next year's application.

You don't need to get more shots because the inoculations last for a while. In general, the shots you need to take like Hep B are ones you didn't get due to changing requirements. You just need to provide documentation from the shots you get this year on next year's application.

Or if you're unlucky like me, your tetanus shot may be coming up due (you need one every 10 years), or you may want to take the opportunity to get the meningitis shot.

Or if you're unlucky like me, your tetanus shot may be coming up due (you need one every 10 years), or you may want to take the opportunity to get the meningitis shot.

what kind of shots do you have to have for pharmacy school? Is it the same for all pharmacy schools? And how do I go about getting them?

what kind of shots do you have to have for pharmacy school? Is it the same for all pharmacy schools? And how do I go about getting them?

Ask the school as I'm sure there are variances between school. In general, you need proof of immunization for Hep B, chicken pox, tetanus, a tuberculin test, MMR, Polio, etc.