For Those Who Have Gotten Interviews.When Were You Contacted To Set Up Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

selfhealer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
I was wondering how long it generally takes for schools to contact you to setup an interview (assuming they are interested).

What I mean is, once you have submitted all parts of your application and your app is considered complete, how long after that do schools tend to contact you to invite you for an interview?
I know that if you are on the waiting list it can be many many many months later, but assuming that a school receives your application and is very interested in you as an applicant, when will they contact you to let you know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't give you a 100% accurate answer but from what I have heard there is no way of knowing, and it varies quite a bit. I was contacted by WVSOM literally the day after my new MCAT came in, LECOM rejected me but it was withing a few weeks, and so did VCU (M.D. school). I have been complete for close to a month and over a month at some schools, and haven't heard anything :(.

In fact Dartmouth medical school has now taken close to two months to send me anything. I applied there first, because it was my only in state school...well as in state as you get for NH.

I'm sure your answers will come soon though don't get discouraged.

hey guys
I was wondering how long it generally takes for schools to contact you to setup an interview (assuming they are interested).

What I mean is, once you have submitted all parts of your application and your app is considered complete, how long after that do schools tend to contact you to invite you for an interview?
I know that if you are on the waiting list it can be many many many months later, but assuming that a school receives your application and is very interested in you as an applicant, when will they contact you to let you know. Thanks.

I applied EDP to VCOM-Carolinas and was contacted on the 1st of September for an interview on September 16th.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys

Really depends on how much the admission likes about your application. The fastest turn around that I got was from KCOM. KCOM contacted me for an interview the next day after I submitted my secondary, while some schools like LECOM and AZCOM contacted me a week after I submitted my secondary. Some school like WVSOM never invited me for an interview until 2 months after submitting my primary. So you never know.

Really depends on how much the admission likes about your application. The fastest turn around that I got was from KCOM. KCOM contacted me for an interview the next day after I submitted my secondary, while some schools like LECOM and AZCOM contacted me a week after I submitted my secondary. Some school like WVSOM never invited me for an interview until 2 months after submitting my primary. So you never know.

Thanks. Do they tend to contact you by phone or email?

Thanks. Do they tend to contact you by phone or email?

All emails invites for me (at least true for KCOM, LECOM, WVSOM, PCOM, AZCOM, ATSU, TOURO-CA, and DMU). I ain't sure about others but I am guessing mostly through email.

All of my interview invites have come through email quickly after the schools started offering interviews.