Who to use for physician LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Middleoftheroad

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everybody, I hope you are all having great days! I am currently requesting LORs as I will be applying to DO schools. I know that DO schools prefer and some require having a DO LOR, but I am wondering if I should use a MD LOR instead for the physician LOR as it would be much stronger. My DO LOR would be from someone I shadowed 2 years ago for 30 hours, whereas my MD LOR would be from a physician I scribed for for over a year. I feel like the MD LOR would be much stronger for me but I am not sure how strongly schools prefer DO LORs. Any advice would be appreciated and thank you in advance!
 
Some schools might require a DO LOR so have it just in case. Otherwise, just use the stronger one.