For those who have gotten into Touro & Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoubleOSeven

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
I was wondering if those of you who have applied and been accepted to Touro and/or Western COMP could offer any advice about applying to these schools and also what you think these schools are specifically looking for. Also, if you could share your stats that would help too. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I got acceptances to both those schools and I ended up choosing comp. The best advice i can give you is apply early and interview early. This gives you the best chance to get in b/c of rolling admissions. Both schools are looking for the same thing as every other DO school, a smart well rounded mature individual. Present your best side and be yourself. You'll be fine.

Touro gives you more of a group interview w/3 faculty members and 1 student interviewing 4 perspective students. Western's inteview is more traditional 2 faculty to 1 perspective student.

I'm not sure what gpa and mcat scores you need to get in. My stats were 3.37 overall, 3.3 science Verbal=7 Physical=10 Bio=12. I hope this helps in some way.

I was accepted to Touro and Western and chose the later. I felt like the facilities as Touro were fairly sparce and Western felt more like a med school to me. I'm a little concered about COMP trying to weed people out, but I'll just have to work hard and do my best. I got 3.5 gpa, and a 30 MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.3 GPA and 26 MCAT.

I was accepted to both Touro and COMP and chose COMP. I had GREAT interview experiences at both schools which I felt greatly increased my chances of acceptance. I also worked in the health care field as a medical technologist for the last 4 years (this was the source for a lot of my interview questions).

I also feel that I added another plus to my application for COMP because my DO letter came from a COMP alumni.

Apply early! Touro and COMP were both great b/c they send out their decisions w/in a couple of weeks of the interview!

Good luck and I hope this helps!

I applied to COMP 10 years ago and didn't get in. I did get into podiatry school, however and took it. I've been a DPM for 3 years and decided that I still wanted to be a DO. I'm going to be in the class of 2007 at Western. It was the only one I applied to (mostly because I own a house in Los Angeles).

My stats are kind of average (MCAT 24S, GPA 3.2), but I have a ton of extra-curricular activities and, obviously, have a lot of relevant medical experience.

I did everything as early as possible. I think that this is extremely important (rolling admissions, shows your enthusiasm). Be yourself in the interviews. They just want to meet you and make sure you're not a serial killer.