Hey young bucks.... I'm a a 4th year med student at wake. It sounds like your MCATs and GPA's are more than enough to get you in to wake forest. Granted, I applied 5 years ago, but my MCAT was a 28 and my GPA was a 3.8. I was waitlisted and then got in off the waitlist in may. I had some research, lots of extracurriculars and honors, and very active in social things (plus my cousin was a med student at wake).
Anyway, my advice to you guys is TO CALL THE ADMISSIONS PEOPLE if you are serious about wake forest. They put a lot of stock into people who they feel will come to wake forest if they are granted acceptance. They really try to weed out people who are just interviewing to fill time, and would rather go to UNC or are using wake as a backup. I didn't even get an interview until I called. Also, most of my friends at wake also got in off the waitlist... I think it's part of the game they play. If you get waitlisted and make no effort to pursue the program, they will probably forget about you. On the other hand, if you show genuine interest than I think there's a great chance they will accept you!
Good luck...