For those who opted into BRS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goodstuff33

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I opted in first week of January knowing I'm not planning on putting in a full 20. I was looking at my TSP earlier this week and was wondering where matching was being notated in the statement. Have 5% base pay in my TSP allocation in addition to percentages from the special pays. I did not adjust since CSP took over. Regardless, I could not find matching data in the statements after 1 January so I emailed TSP and received a response that no matching on my account has taken place so far to include the 1% and that I need to contact my respective branch. For those who opted in, are you having a similar issue or do I need to readjust my percentage of TSP allocation under assumption they are using special pay first when funding the TSP prior to using funds from base pay amount? The later would not surprise me.

Members don't see this ad.

There are tons of people who opted in in January who haven't received their match on their LES yet. (Only those who signed up within the first few days saw it reflected on their January LES...even then some didn't). You should see your match on your February statement. Check your LES before you worry about online TSP account as it will show up there first. There are new boxes within the LES -->
Match.JPG

The government match is only taken from your base pay contribution. If you go to this website there is a lot of questions and answers....Specifically this one: "However, only basic pay will be used in the calculation for DoD automatic and matching contributions"