For those who thought real deal was harder, did you run out of time.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p9142

UR out of your element!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of posts about the real MCAT being more difficult than the AAMC practice exams. I usually only finish each section with a couple minutes to spare. If the test is harder, I am worried that I will run out of time.

Members don't see this ad.

gujuDoc said:
Yes. But I still was near my average. So don't worry about it too much.

So were you finishing the practice exams? Also how many did you have to guess on at the end. Thanks.

sorry if I don't qualify, but I did not finish PS on time.

I did not find the real deal harder. In Bs and verbal I was pretty confident because of consistent 10+ scores and the exam reflected my AAMC practice exams.

usually I finished BS right on time on practice and ran out of time once but on the real deal I had 20 minutes left and had no idea how that happened. Verbal I usually finished with 2 minutes to spare but had at least 5 on the real deal to go back to 3 tough questions.

PS was my weak subject relatively speaking. There were a number of times I said "WTF?" and I ran out of time. I freaked out the first 10 minutes or so and did not write in answers but finally settled down after reminding myself this is nothing new and doing some stand-alones. Guessed on about 10 in the last minute.On practice exams I usually did not finish on time and no miracle happened for me as far as time goes on PS. It was as difficult as practice for me but the pressure of the real deal made me almost choke on PS.

Just keep reminding yourself you've seen this before and attack each problem with the knowledge you have and the info presented. A few PS questions were posed in a way that I never considered possible but I just applied the techniques I knew to solve them.