For those with children in medical school...

Started by Premed04
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Premed04

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I meant, for those of you who had children while you were in medical school... (sorry about the confusion!)

How did you handle it?

Did any of you have twins during medical school? If so, how did you handle two babies at once?
 
I'd like to hear about this too. I've heard the best time to have a kiddo would be 4th year . . . but then I'd worry about having an infant to care for during your first year of residency . . . sounds frightening to me, but then again, I hear the tick of the ol' biological clock. Any experience with this all ye wise non-trad med students/residents/parents?
 
Over on the allo threads I have actually heard some people suggest that residency is the best time for kids, especially if your residency is in something like peds. While the hours might not be great, the feeling is that at least you can get the maternity leave that you wouldn't get while in school.