For those with high scores on the MCAT....HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimi1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to study for the MCAT for the THIRD time (my score went down the second time I took it). I've taken Kaplan and have used just about everything in their library. This time, I just want to get some good books to review, along with AAMC practice tests. Can any one suggest what they think are the best books?? I've heard good things about Examkrackers and am thinking of getting their books. PLEASE any advice you guys can give!! I'm so sick of this test and have run out of ways to study for it!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Mimi-

You're in NYC, u should consider taking the ek course, but it has already started. Their materials are great. I took the course, and also bought the 1001 books and Audio osmosis.

They are having a free verbal test this SAt, call them to reserve a slot. 888-krackem.

good luck.

-bonnie

I read the Princeton Review books. The science workbook is absolutely incredible, but the verbal section definitely needs work. After doing TPR verbal for a month or so, the AAMC verbal was very dissimilar. Everything in the actual MCAT I recognized from TPR texts except for Thymidine (it's apparently a nucleotide with thymine on it), so I'd say that the texts do a very good job of reviewing. They might go into a little too much detail, but that can only help.

p.s. - that's not to say I got everything else right on the MCAT except for the thymidine questions...I wish...

I read the Princeton Review books. The science workbook is absolutely incredible, but the verbal section definitely needs work. After doing TPR verbal for a month or so, the AAMC verbal was very dissimilar. Everything in the actual MCAT I recognized from TPR texts except for Thymidine (it's apparently a nucleotide with thymine on it), so I'd say that the texts do a very good job of reviewing. They might go into a little too much detail, but that can only help.

p.s. - that's not to say I got everything else right on the MCAT except for the thymidine questions...I wish...

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's hard to beat companies that specialize in one thing like the MCAT. Exam Krackers and Berkeley Review materials seem superior to those who are in an area where they have those options.

Whatever you choose, you will need to study your butt off.